cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems after new installation (Runtime workbench not working as expected)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

We have just finished installing new ECC & Netweaver in our company.

On PI side, I created a sample file (Payload) and did IR and ID configuration

and saw the payload getting picked up from the source directory and getting

posted in the target directory successfully.

However, when I went to Runtime Workbench and clicked on the Adapter and

File adapter to see the messages, I dont see anything. It is just blank.

However, when I click on Display it shows integration server and 4 items under it. 4th item is Adapter Engine which has a RED button next to it, indicating there is some problem.

When I click on the Adapter button to see the list of adapters, i see again a red button next JPR. However, File doesn't show any error message. But when I double click on File adapter, instead of showing successful messages, it shows a blank screen as if no file has been transmitted.

Also down at the bottom of the Runtime Work Bench Screen

Self-Tast Status and

Are Communication Channels without errors

also show a Red buttons next to it.

By double clicking on 'Are communication Channels without errors - Details", I get the following error message:

1 communication channels have an error status0 communication channels inactive0 communication channels not providing any status information0 adapters logging communication-channel-independent processing errors .

This is a fresh new install and any feedback on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

manish_bhalla2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which version of XI do you have and at what sp level?

From NW04s sp08, there should be a button called Communication Channel Monitoring that you can use to view the processing status of the file adapter. You can also administrate your communication channels here.

Unlike the adapter monitor, the communication channel monitor also provides current runtime information about the communication channels of individual adapters, as long as they are registered for communication channel monitoring.

To monitor adapters that do not provide runtime information to communication channel monitoring, you can continue to use the adapter monitor.

For more info...

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/44/2a1a8620323f0ee10000000a114a6b/frameset.htm">Communication Channel Monitor</a>

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/9b/f12541c3d3f323e10000000a155106/frameset.htm">Adapter Monitor</a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manish

THanks a lot for the information. PLease find the info that you wanted at the end of this message.

I looked at the 'Communication channel monitoring' and I didn't see any thing strange. But saw an error message as follows

'Could not delete file 'D:\usr\TestArea\xi_input.dat' after processing'

However, I tried making thie \usr\TestArea rea-write. But it gets automatically switched to READONLY.

Also I checked message monitoring and it says everythying successful.

However, the File Adapter screen doesn't show anything but a blank screen saying no activity happened.

Any more comments on this will be greatly appreciated.

======================================================

Application:

Configuration: Integration Builder

User:

rprasad

Logon Language:

English

Server:

dm32583_CPI_00

Server Node:

server0

Runtime Environment

Java version:

1.6.0_02

Java vendor:

Sun Microsystems Inc.

Version

Service pack:

Release:

645_VAL_REL

Latest change:

Sync time:

${sync.time}

Former Member
0 Kudos

change ur file adapter mode from delete to read or test mode as your file adapter user doesnot proper rights to delete it.

Answers (0)