Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hi i need help in sort in out issue on BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Sapgurus

i nedd to configure the following scenerio

i need a sales BOM that drives the demand- <b>the subitems should drive the demand</b>. can anybody plz gimme the step by step to configure the above scenerio.

thanks in advance

samsd

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

1. create the materials like PC as main item and sub items as keyboard, mouse, Cpu etc., then give them the pricing thru vk11.

2. u have to maintain the item category group as LUMF in the material master record under sales organisation2 tab screen to determine the subitem pricing in the sales order. (the item category u can see in the sales order as TAQ and TAN.)

TAQ - is for extended delivery item and TAN - is for the standard item.

3.. u have to link the subitem with main item thru CS01. when the screen opens it will ask u to enter the material, their u have to give the sub item material and bom usage as 5 - indicates sales and distribution.

I hope ur issue would resolved.

reward points if it is useful.

regards

KR

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. MM01 - select the header item, in the item category field in BASIC DATA-1 screen change from NORM to LUMF. Similarly change this in the SALES:Slaes Org. 2 screen also. Beacause of this now the pricing will be done at the <b>sub items level</b> and no at the <b>header item level</b>.

2. Go to CS01 - create the sales order BOM. In usage select 5 - sales & distribution. For the sub items <b>select item category as "L"-stock item.</b>

3. When the sales order is created the pricing will be done at the sub items level.

ITEM CATEGORY IN CASE OF PRICING AT HEADER ITEM LEVEL:

For header item: TAQ

For sub items: TAE

ITEM CATEGORY IN CASE OF PRICING AT SUB ITEM LEVEL:

For header item: TAP

For sub items: TAN

REGARDING DEMAND-

Go to transaction code VOV7 select item category as "TAP" here in the bill of material/configuration section in the delivery group select "X"

Because of this unless and until all the sub itams are ready in stock the delivery of the main item will not be possible.

Reward points if solution helps.

Regards,

Allabaqsh G. Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi patil

thanks for ur reply

i have one more question when ur process bom at sub item level is it

item category at header : TAP OR TAQ?. this is the only doubt i have. can u tell me which i s the rght now?

thanks in advance

samsd

Former Member
0 Kudos

when u process BOM at header level ( means del and pricing being done at header level then )

then item cat group for the header materail in mmr salls org 2 shld be ERLA - which gives TAQ and the sub item level config for NORM wld be TAE

OR ERLA _ _ TAQ

OR NORM TAQ _ TAE

when u proces BOM at sub item level ( means DEL and PRICING BEING done at sub item level )

then the <b>item cat group for the header item shld be LUMF </b>

<b>OR LUMF _ _ TAP</b>

OR NORM TAP _ TAN

if this solves ur problem reward points in the left column to this ans.