cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E Mail Notification after Service desk message raised

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing problems in getting mail in the administrator mailbox after a new service desk message is raised. I am able to send a test mail through SO01 in my outlook mail box after doing the required configuration settings required in SCOT. I have implemented the required settings as per the tutor named "SEND MAIL ON ACTION" attached in a particular standard SAP Note.

Could you please help me, whatelse could be the settings required and help me in resolving this issue.

Points will be rewarded suitably.

Thanks and Regards,

Naresh Dodeja.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Naresh,

Please let me know what do you find in the action log ..

FYI, The action log is available on clicking on clicking transaction data and navigating to the action tab..

Do you find green sign for Action( Email to System admin or whoever you had configured) ??

Please revert back with these details..

Reward for usefull answer..

Regards,

Anand.

Message was edited by:

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

Have you created the business partner for the user to whom the mail should be sent?

While creating the business partner have you maintained the email id details in the general data tab?

Dont forget to reward points for useful answers.

best regds,

Alagammai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Anand,

Thanks for your reply. I am getting the message as "When message is created, find support team responsible" with status as red and sometimes green but still i am not getting the mail.

Alagammai: I have created the business partners and also updated the email id's in the details.

Any further help would be appreciable.

Regards,

Naresh Dodeja.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh

Have you checked wether or not the smartform for the action is active?

trx: smartforms.

Check which form you are using and then try swithing it with an active one.

best regards,

Jesper

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jesper,

Which smartform i should check out for? There are 941 smartforms available in my system. I am not aware of which specific smartform is active, if at all being used.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh

I would check the one you are using to genere the email form.

You shuold be able to find out which but going via trx SPPFCADM

and the application you should be using is crm_order, the select you action under the action profile - normally support desk message action profile.

then under tab page processing detail in the section details of the selcted processing, you can se which form you are using.

Hope this helps-.

best regards,

Jesper

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

Try to reward points for people trying to help you which will motivate them to help you.

best regds,

Alagammai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jesper,

I have checked the smart form used by me. I have selected that smart form as per the SAP tutor "SEND MAIL VIA ACTION"

Name of smart form is CRM_REMINDER_MAIL_01.

Regards,

Naresh Dodeja.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh

Is it active? or have you change something in the smartform? If you have changed anything in the smartform, then you need to reactivate it.

and have you added the action to the action profile?

BR

Jesper

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jesper,

How to check whether that form is active or not....and how to reactivate it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh

go via transaction smartforms on the area for the form attributes you can check if the form is active.

if it is not I would copy the form and then activate the copy and then assign the copy instead of the original to the action.

Hope it solves the problem.

Br,

Jesper

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jesper,

Its active. Now tell me how to proceed further.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

I am new to SM can u please tell me where i have to do the configuration settings for E -Mail Notification after message raised in Service desk .

Please help me with full detial steps

Regards,

Neni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I hope you have configured the mail action as the note's attachment.

but did you properly configure the conditions for which mail should be trigerred?

Also wht is SM version and patch level of the same.

revert to me with these information.....i CAN HELP you in this!!!!!

Achilles!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shridhar,

I do have configured for mail action but I am still not able to get a message after the status of message is being changed. I am able to send a test mail in my inbox but i am not getting the message after status change.

My SM version is 4 with the patch levels as follows:

SAP_BASIS 700 0011 SAPKB70011

SAP_ABA 700 0011 SAPKA70011

PI_BASIS 2005_1_700 0011 SAPKIPYJ7B

ST-PI 2005_1_700 0003 SAPKITLQI3

SAP_BW 700 0012 SAPKW70012

SAP_AP 700 0008 SAPKNA7008

BBPCRM 500 0008 SAPKU50008

ST 400 0011 SAPKITL421

CPRXRPM 400 0005 SAPK-40005INCPRXRPM

ST-ICO 150_700 0005 SAPK-15075INSTPL

ST-SER 700_2006_1 0005 SAPKITLOG5

ST-A/PI 01H_CRM500 0000 -

My mail goes into error after checking in Actions tab in Transaction Data.

Regards,

Naresh Dodeja.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Heyyy..

Patch level seems ok!!

Wht i meant by configuration is whther you have slected right condition in the configurations of "Actions".

Also have you mentioned the action in "schedulled" tab or "Action" tab.(i hope you have used "Action" tab)

P.S> there is sometime this silly mistake....check whether the BP mentioned in the partner function of the notification,,,is having the email id field mentioned.

do check and confirm it.....

Achilles!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shridhar,

Yes i have followed all the steps as per Note 691303 - Sending E-Mail from message after status change which contains one tutor for configuration purpose.

Also in BP, i have mentioned the e-mail id for the user but havent mentioned field for Standard communication method.

Kindly suggest.

Regards,

Naresh Dodeja.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

Is this resolved?

If yes, can you please help me with some step by step configuration document regarding the same.

Regards,

Bhaskar.