cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard Vs Extended Interface Determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone tell me what is the difference between extended and standard interface determination

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

some typo mistake.. in my last answer... please read this one..

i have used 'extended receiver determination ' where we decide receiver based on the mapping result. for 'extended receiver determination you can look at wiki (Wiki->SAPXI-> step by step guides->Enhanced Receiver Determination..

I have n't used extended interface determination but i think in this we can decide at runtime which interface mapping to select using mapping..instead of giving interface mapping and interface name during configuration time..

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Extended receiver determination is used when you want to decide which receiver's to send the message to based on the content of the input message or some other condition at runtime.

Here, first you define mapping to figure out the receivers of the msg and then you call this mapping in your receiver determination. the "receiver" message type which is present in sap basis -->... XI/system namespance i think.

The whole idea behind enhanced receiver determination is that during normal receiver determination the pipe line step for receiver determination is executed before the mapping step this resulted in a limitation in XI that you could not change your receivers based on the mesg content at runtime.

Now, in enhanced receiver determination XI will first execute this receiver determination mapping and figure out the receivers at runtime and then call the individual mappings.

Cheer's

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have used 'extended interface determination ' where we decide receiver based on the mapping result. for 'extended interface determination you can look at wiki (Wiki->SAPXI-> step by step guides->Enhanced Receiver Determination..

I have n't used extended interface determination but i think in this we can decide at runtime which interface mapping to select using mapping..instead of giving interface mapping and interface name during configuration time..