cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need to look for msg submitted by a particular member

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

About 12 months ago I remember answering a thread submitted by an SDN member. I know the members name, but cannot find a way to check all posts made by this member. I tried to search the forum using the member name as a keyword, but this does not show their posts, or any record of them. Is there a way I can see posts made by a member when I need to reference old material ?

I appreciate that I can use keywords to find the thread, but in this case it was a long time ago and I cannot seem to find the thread using keywords

Thanks,

Tim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In case SDN doesn't provide such a feature, you can always go to Google and enter this:

<member name> site:sdn.sap.com

Of course you can specify anything you want instead of member name and Google will do the searching for you. Much nicer search feature than what's offered by SDN. I did read something recently that said SDN's search feature has been improved with an upgrade to the forum in October. However, I haven't been able to test it out as SDN's search hasn't been working for several days. Something about bad indexes needing to be rebuilt.

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

David,

Thankyou, I didn't think of the google method, but I will use this to meet my needs and hope that a native search facility in SDN will be improved in future.

I have awarded points.

Thanks,

Tim

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Remember that you can also use the left hand Search box, enter the name as a search term and search forums using the dropdown. If you have the name correctly this should bring you results.

Clicking on the user name will also bring you to a list of all the forum questions of that particular user...

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Marilyn,

I already tried this but it didn't work, and I now think this was because the thread I was looking for has been archived, so when I searched using the members name nothing appeared. I am happy with your answer, and will use this method in future.

Points have been awarded.

Thanks,

Tim

Answers (0)