cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alerts via e-mail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have configured the BPM to raise an alert in case of exceptions. I am able to see the alerts being delivered to my alert inbox. Now I want to send these alerts to uesrs inbox via e-mail. Please let me know what are the steps involved to send alerts via e-mail. Also I would like to know as to where exactly in XI we specify the e-mail address to which these alerts needs to be sent.

Regards

Anand

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Thanks for the response.

Apart from the sap help. Do you have any idea on step by step procedure to be followed for sending alerts via e-mail.

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have configured SAPConnect and was able to send mails independently from SAP. Alerts are also being generated and I am able to see the same in my alert inbox. Now I want to send this alerts as an e-mail. Please let me know as to where do I do I maintain the e-mail address to which theses alerts to be forwarded. i.e how do I link my alert inbox with SMTP server to send alerts via e-mail.

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Maintain the email address for the users(in SU01 transaction) you have attached to the alert category and the mails should be automatically sent to them.

This is assuming that the sapconnect is configured properly.

Thanks & Regards,

Renjith.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Go thru this link for establising a HTTP Connection to the external mail server

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/ae/71583ca544eb51e10000000a114084/content.htm

>><i>where do I do I maintain the e-mail address to which theses alerts to be forwarded</i>

<b>The steps are as follows</b>:

1)Select the Alert Category and Check the “Additional configurations” and execute it.

2)In the pop-up window,

Under <b>Fixed recipients</b>, give the name of a <b>Fixed Recipient User</b>(the user shd present in su01).

3)And press the Create Alert Button

The e-mail address of the fixed recipients is taken from SU01 (User Management).Plz chk the email id is present there for the recieptents.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Arpit Seth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i don't believe that fixed recipients receive alerts automatically just because their email address is maintained.

Normally each user would decide for himself, how he wants to receive alerts. This is done via link "personalization" in the Alertinbox. There a user can specify the communication method (FAX, SMS, Email) in general or dependend from a factory calendar.

best regards

Christine

Answers (0)