cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Server not accessable

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i installed content server , Cache server and MAXDB.

WHILE creating the repostitory it gives error ..

HTTP error: 401 (unauthorized) "Per

denied: adminContRep&configSet"

THEN ...

it ask username / password.

it doesn't accept administrat / password , or superdba /password ( the superdba username is created while installing Content server )

Please give the solution.

--- Lee green

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

superdba is SYSDBA user in the database but he is not the owner of Content Server tables. Usually the user SAPR3 or SAP<SID> is the owner of CS data so you need to log on with this user.

On the other side you should make Content Server known with the right database user. Please have a look to both SAP notes 661852 and 706664. If you have some further questions please open the OSS message to the BC-SRV-KPR-CS

component. The collegues will help you further to set up the connection from the Content Server to the database.

Regards,

Oksana

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAPService<sid> & <sid>adm is there....But SAP<sid> ....?

If there means what is the password.

it is not asked as SAP<sid> username or its password.

Please guide me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

Have you a look at the SAP note 661852? It starts with the description of the default database user for SAP Content Server and its password. Please use them. If you get in trouble please seek assistance from our Content Server collegues. You haven't any database problems at the moment.

SAPService<sid> & <sid>adm are the users on the OS level and not the database users.

Regards,

Oksana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Oksana,

Thanks for your support.

I checked SAP notes 661852 and 706664

but SAPR3 and password "SAP" are not working.

---Lee

Melanie
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

if SAPR3 with password SAP is not working, please try user SAP<SID> with the same password.

If this also does not work, you have most probably specified a different password during the installation.

In this case please first of all verify which user is correct. Therefore connect to SQLStudio using user SUPERDBA and execute the following statement:

select * from users

Please paste the result into this thread for further assistance.

Regards,

Melanie

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAPR3 , SUPERDBA, SAP<SID> ....... these users are not working

then ... MAXDB is used for Content Server not SQL studio.

anyway i logged in command prompt of MAXDB. Select statement not working.

Regards

Lee

Melanie
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Lee,

please explain detailed, where you try to enter the user/password and which error message you get.

Which command line tool did you use to execute the select statement? Which error message did you get?

SQL Studio is a graphical tool for MaxDB to execute SQL queries. If you do not have this tool installed, please use command line tool sqlcli (not dbmcli) to execute the select statement:

sqlcli -d <db_name> -u superdba,admin

-> select * from users

Regards,

Melanie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Melanie,

i've got the same problem like lee green. After installing the SAP Content Server under Windows Server 2003 I tried to create a repository for the SAP Performance Management (HR/HCM) out of the Transaction "csadmin" in our ECC 6.0 system. The error message is "HTTP Error 401 - unauthorized" after hitting the create button. My assumption is that the whole configuration of the Contentserver (maybe in ContentServer.ini) is missing. Any ideas?

Thanks & regards,

Marc Andree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marc,

what is the additional information to 401 error message? Unauthorized access message can have very different causes.

If you suppose that the file ContentServer.ini is not complete you can check it with the help of the SAP note 329473.

Regards,

Oksana Alekseious

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oksana,

I followed & updated the below notes :

notes 658442 , 514500, 698915 and 301352,851146,

now 977091 as per this note i am not able to change the setting tab

.Because i am not able to access it.

It gives " HTTP error :500 internalServer Error "

582765 --> AS per this note i did it in DBMgui. it throw error " unknow DBM command "CREATE"

Thxs in Adv.

-- Lee green

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lee

the command for CREATE USER is an SQL commande and should be run in the SQL Studio under superdba user.

If this tool is not installed please use sqlcli as described by Melanie above. Could you log on to the database with sqlcli and your user/password combinations?

Best reards,

Oksana Alekseious

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oksana,

thxs for ur prompt reply.

now i installed the SQL Studio. But iam not able to connect the db.

my inputs to SQL studio

server : sapdms #host name

database: SDB

username : superdba

password : 123

but it throw the error that "ODBC][SAP AG][SQLOD32 DLL][MAX DB]Unable to connect to data source;-709

CONNECT : database not running "

need help...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

it looks like your database was not running/offline to this moment. You should check the database status with the tool DBMGUI and if needed bring the database in the online state before you try to connect to it. You can also use dbmcli commands for it like

dbmcli -d SDB -u control,control db_state

dbmcli -d SDB -u control,control db_online

If you have another DBM-user just take your user log on data instead of control,control.

Best regards,

Oksana Alekseious

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oksana,

Yes U r correct. My DB is offline on that time. Now it is ONLINE.

Now i am able to connect SQL STUDIO.

1. SAPR3 User is there. Now how can i chagne the password of SAPR3.

2 . Now also i facing problem while access the CSADMIN. It throw error " HTTP error 500 : Internal Server ERROR "

I am not able to change the SETTING tab.

Thanks for ur fast reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

You will need to use:

SAPR3

SAP

to get into the SQLStudio

regards,