cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Layer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guyz,

I have a question. why do we need a transport layer between the Development system and the consolidation system?? It is really appreciated if someone can throw some light on "Transport Layer".

Thanx in advance.

Ashok

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashok,

The transport layer is for capturing all the modifications, customizations that is being taking place in a development system. As a result a request is created only in a development system, so that it can be moved to quality, tested and then finally to production.

The fact that its not between quality and production is that, quality doesnt allow any new modifications as its only for testing purposes and any new customizations will obviously be done in development.

Hope i have tried to explain upto your understanding. If you still have any doubts, let me know.

Thanks and Regards,

Sailesh K

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx, that will do. Im a newbie considering SAP. so can u please tell me wat the difference between online and offline backups very briefly, and in wat days of the week they are taken.As u can see in DB12, we have so many options for backup, and im really confused.

Whole database offline + redo log backup

Whole database offline backup

Whole database online + redo log backup

Whole database online backup

Redo log backup

Partial database offline backup

Partial database online backup

Check and update optimizer statistics

Adapt next extents

Check database

Thanx in advance.