cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IWDFrame is deprecated

Former Member
0 Kudos

I´m developing a web dynpro application that needs to create new ui elements in runtime, in the wdDoModifyView method. One of these elements is the IWDIFrame.

The application works just fine, but i found out that the class IWDIFrame is deprecated. Does anoyone knows if there´s something else i should be using in replace of IWDIFrame?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is what SAP has to say about it.

This UI element may be withdrawn with the first new NetWeaver release in 2006 as it is no longer needed. This UI element is too broken to be really useful and cannot be fixed. For integration of non-Web Dynpro applications, please use the Enterprise Portal instead. For embedding (help) texts and the like, please use the appropriate mechanisms, e.g. TextView, FormattedTextView, Explanation etc.

Ashu

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your reply Ashu, but i still need to know what to use instead of the iwdiframe element. I ´m not sure to understand what you mean when you write "

For integration of non-Web Dynpro applications, please use the Enterprise Portal instead

"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fernando..

Chk this link..

https://help.sap.com/javadocs/NW04/current/wd/com/sap/tc/webdynpro/clientserver/uielib/standard/api/...

Web Dynpro PortalIFrame API. IFrame implementation to be used by Enterprise Portal only.

Hop this will help u..

Urs GS

Former Member
0 Kudos

After reading the javadoc i understood what the problem is

Thank you all very much!

Answers (0)