cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WD ABAP - reload iView

Former Member
0 Kudos

We run a WD ABAP application in an EP iView. I understand I can navigate thru iViews from WD ABAP with navigate_absolute and navigate_relative.

What is the easiest way to reload my iView (the one the WD application runs in) - like the browser reload.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still ot sure whether it is the best way to do it, but it works. Thanks for all the support.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My point simply was

a) Is there a better way to do it?

b) Is this correct to call the method for this purpose, e.g. it works not(!) with Firefox, but with IE (SPS 12). This makes some alarm bells ringing.

I just try to understand whether it is a diry hack what I am doing or the right way. However, thanks a lot for your support and effort.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yep, the above approach is from this part of documentation

Former Member
0 Kudos

What I did was this here

CALL METHOD lo_portal_mgr->navigate_relative

EXPORTING

levels_up = '0'

path = pathlist

navigation_mode = if_wd_portal_integration=>co_show_inplace

history_mode = if_wd_portal_integration=>co_no_duplicates.

But I was not sure whether it is the best way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Did you already consult this part of SAP documentation?

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/de/42/fa080514793ee6e10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm ?

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

So what kind of problem is still outstanding?

You have a solution and are not sure whether it's the best or are you still looking for a solution? In the first case you can mark the question as answered, in the latter case please tell us what's the current state of your problem ...

Regards,

volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

The goal is to reload the view as it was newly called ("called the first time"). The trigger is a button which the user presses. Just to force a roundtrip is not sufficient, because the WD application must be completely reinitialized for some reasons.

In WD ABAP standalone I got a solution via plugs:

The above works well but not when applied in the EP. Since we have to use uidpw SSO the WD requires a new login when the WD reload bypasses the iView. So I have to call the link of the iView rather than the link of the WD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

1. The refresh button mentioned in my reply above could do exactly this: completely restart the WDA application - UIDPW login should normally not be a problem in EP, because once logged in to the backend the brwoser should hold the credentials in the browser cache and reuse them when the same backend is called as long as the browser session exists.

2. The other option is to use the iView's refresh feature (see iView Tray)

3. Third option is to present a Link not to the backend url but to the portal URL inplace.

If you are not an expert in portal questions you can use an HTTP trace tool to find out the portal link (like e.g. HTTPWatch) or you ask your portal guys.

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

What is the exact purpose? Is the reload to be done automatically without user interaction? Manual ways could be:

1. iView has reload functionality; have a look at the iView tray.

2. In your WDA appl. implement a button "refresh" the user can press ... an din your coding you react to this event with updating the contexts ....

Regards,

Volker