cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding data to a table in ABAP webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a requirement where user enters values in some input fields and in a table and hits save then it creates an order. So here how do i make the table as such user can enter data. Right now table is empty and non editable.

Please help.

Thanks,

Das.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

There are two things that you need to do. Firstly, as Anand mentioned, you need to create cell editors (right click on column) for your columns. Make sure that this editor accepts input from user (example InputField, CheckBox etc.). Secondly, you need to add some elements (say 5) to the node to which your Table's dataSource is bound. You can do this in either wddoinit or using a supply function for the node.

Unless and until there are some elements in your node, you will not see rows in the corresponding table. If you are adding some particular number of elements, you will see that many rows. You can choose to provide an 'Insert' or 'Create' Button on your view if you need more rows. Just add a new element every time the user clicks that button.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Neha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved problem.

Thanks,

Das

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dos,

Am doing with same requirement. User has to fill the values in the table. Once the save button is triggered the Order has to created based on that. Can you let me know how to work on this scenario.

Thx,

Aish M

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to create corresponding editor for the Table Column that you want to accept user I/P. Right click on the column and choose Create Editor.

This is a very comprehensive topic and ready available documentation is available.