cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error on xml upload

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to process an xml file that is on a different server from xMII.

I have shared the drive that the xml file is on and mapped that drive on the xMII server and created a BLT with XML Loader action block to upload the file but in configuring the action block I get the error “exception / access is denied error”. When I execute the BLT I get an “authorization error”.

I have also taken the output of the xml file and manually added it to the BLT and it processes fine, so the content of the xml file is not an issue. My xMII user id has Admin rights, so I don't believe this is the issue. Please help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

BLS runs as the local system account and this account is what would attempt to access it. The authentication used in the action only supports clear text authentication and your network most likely has this disabled. Best bet would have the file on the xMII machine or available using either ftp or http.

Regards,

Jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jamie, that is what we are working on now; setting up the directory where the file is as an FTP location and then using the xMII FTP action blocks to load it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is now working using FTP action blocks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why don't you provide your network authentication credentials in the xml load action.

I guess thats what its looking for.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That has been tried and it didn't work