Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.JAR file modifcation

SRudra
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement where I need to decompile a .class file inside a .jar file under com.sap.km.cm.protocols.webdav folder under the path \usr\sap\<ID>\<INST>\j2ee\cluster\<NODE>\apps\sap.com\irj\servlet_jsp\irj\root\WEB-INF\portal\portalapps\com.sap.km.cm.protocols.webdav\lib. I have decompiled and put my code and have recomipled and built a new .jar file with the same name. Now I do know how to put it back into the server under com.sap.km.cm.protocols.webdav folder. Plz help. It is urgent need.

regds,

Sukanta Rudra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182294
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is not right way of updating the code. Because every time a Service Pack released from SAP you should modify the latest jar and deploy.

Coming to your point you can directly replace jar file in server but whenver server is restarted your jar file will be replaced with the actual new file by application deployment.

Regards

Abhilash

SRudra
Contributor
0 Kudos

Abhilash,

Thanks for that answer ... But kindly confirm once again if decompiling a .class file is standard way of customizing SAP solutions? Or Is is very wrong to do it?. I know of some other softwares where support people frequently touch upon base class files decompile them and put their own code.

regds,

S rudra

former_member182294
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rudra,

Thats is not the way of customizing any solution. If a solution is customizable SAP will definetly provide the sources available in PAR or Business Package or any other format. Try to find out if yor customization has such facitlity.

Regards

Abhilash