cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to implement IDOC Serialization(EOIO) using IDOC Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sending IDOC from 4.6c to XI to ECC6.0 using IDOC Adapter. I want to ensure that IDOCs are processed serially(EOIO) on the receiver side. I tried setting up the SE16-->IDXQUEUE on XI for the Receiver system and enabled the Queue processing flag on the Receiver communication channel, but the IDOCs are not serialized.

I see that XI is using XBTO_007(EO) Queue. It should be using the queue that I specified in SE16.Please let me know what else needs to be done to implement EOIO for the IDOC adapter.

Please note Sender is 4.6c System while the receiver is ECC 6.0 on WAS>=6.2

Thanks in advance.

Rajeev Gupta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did check the t-code SMQ1 - qRFC Outbound Monitoring on the XI System, but I do not see any Queue SAP_ALE_SERIALIZE_* being listed there.

Please let me know what am I missing.

Thanks

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/01/28/setting-up-inbound-qrfc-queues-for-serializing-idocs-using-the-idoc-adapter

chk if this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

the Outbound-Queue (XBTO_*) is still used for the XI message when sending to the IDOC Adapter.

But now, out of the IDOC Adapter you should see that an EOIO qRFC Outbound Queue starting with SAP_ALE_SERIALIZE_* is generated.

Check with transaction SMQ1 - qRFC Outbound Monitoring - instead of SMQ2 for qRFC Inbound Queue monitoring.

Best regards,

Silvia

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, In the SXMB_MONI transaction for the IDOCS I still see the Queue name as "XBTO7___0002" which is EO and not EOIO.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As mentioned I have already checked the Queue Processing Flag in the Receiver Communication channel, but still donot see the IDOCs being processed in EOIO. Please let me know if there are some other setting.

Thanks in advance

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From the online help, <i>The IDoc adapter replaces the prefix of the outbound queue (XBQO) with the prefix SAP_ALE_.</i>

Are you able to see this change happen? Does the Queue Name change?

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Where do I have to specify the Queue Name...is it on the Receiver System i.e ECC 6.0 or XI or Sender System 4.6c?

As suggested I also checked the Partner Profiles in Sender, XI and Receiver System I do not see any option for Queue Processing.

Thanks

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rajeev,

From http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/bd/277264c3ddd44ea429af5e7d2c6e69/content.htm

<b>The receiver or sender system must be based on SAP Web Application Server 6.40 or higher.</b>

The blog listed above is when you need to sends Idoc from R3 to XI in EOIO. It does not work with SAP R3 4.6C for the reason above.

For sending Idoc's from XI to R3 ( to ECC in your case ) in EOIO, you need to seelct Queue Processing in the Receiver Idoc adapter and the rest I think is handled implicitly by XI.

Regards

Bhavesh

PS: Have not tried this practically though!

Message was edited by:

Bhavesh Kantilal

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is the blog I used to do this.

/people/community.user/blog/2006/11/04/how-to-serialize-idoc-xml-messages-fed-into-xi

This specifies a specific queue which is set in the partner profile.

My scenario is opposite to yours and we are sending ECC6.0 to 4.7.