cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LinkToURL properties setting at runtime in javascript

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i am trying to set the LinkToURL property "Reference" in my EPCM.subscribeEvent.

But its not working.

Following is the code for it .

<%= Form.ID + "." + LinkToURL3.ClientID %>.Reference="changed";

But when i use InputField control in my javascript then it works for InputField:

<%= Form.ID + "." + InputField1.ClientID %>.value ="value";

can any one help me with LinkToURL properties at run time.

i want to access its properties at runtime in javascript.

thank you.

saurav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi saurabh,

"Reference" is a property of the LinkToUrl control. It doesn't not exist as a javascript property of the rendered Tag.

I see 3 options for you (if I understand the problem - you want the link to change reference according to a client side event that happens in another iView)

1. create a post back in the link's portal component (easily done by putting an hidden button on the page an activating the client side "click" on it). In the post back event (in the button event handler) you can change the link (to something taken form an hidden input field for example).

2. do this whole thing Server side. You can have server side event between the 2 iViews on the same page. You just need to initiate a post back in the first iView.

3. In the link to URL don't put anything in the Reference property, and add a scripting event to the link (in the "ONCLICK"). There call a function that does what you want and this function could use a parameter in a hidden filed, which you update when the EPCM event happens. Complicated, but should work, more or less

Regards,

Ofer

Answers (0)