cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discount

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Experts,

This is a real time Business Scenario. A new discount should be introduced: “ End of the Season” This discount must be deducted from the Net value of a Product as well as a group of products. When this end of the season discount is executed, we are not allow to operate other existing discounts anymore. How can we customize it? It is something with Condition Exclusion or is there a way in the condition record where u can exclude a discount condition type

Thanks ,Reward Guranteed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

tell me you want to give the customer discount immdtly or at the end of season... use rebates, other wise hust like other discounts...and if you want to avoid all other discounts when it seasonal discount trigger, you need to write a logic or you can go with condition exculsion... this is normal senirio.. if any clarifications pls come again..

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

The discount should be given at the end of the season. It is pointless Rebate to use. Discount is Ok but once this discount from the Net value is used No need to operate with the other discounts. The Discount has to be intergrated only in Material and Materialgroup

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

see your req is a discount in a sesonal limit

ok u can do that by maintaing validity periods in the con records as sugessted by the above members.

ok if u want in this particualr period of time only this discount should be operateed and all other dicounts should be discouraged then ..

in your con records in vk11 while u create the con recrds just maintain the exclusion indicator X = net price

ok...and now place this con type above all other discount types in your pricing procedure v/08

ok....now when ever this discount is executed thrgh ur mat grp or sme thing else it excludes all other discounts.

let me knw did this sove ur reqt.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this exclusion indicator X has to be done in the condition record or in the customizing of the condition type in SPRO /create condition type /see details

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found it in the condition record

thanx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Kiran,

Hope u got a nice week end.I tried what u told me. My condition type for the seasonal discount is KA00. I put it above other conditions Types and in VK11 in the Exclusion box i 've choosen X for Net price. By trying now other condition types in my sales order, i got them not excluded.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the best way to map your requirment use rebates..........it is same like your requirment.

1)First system will deduct from the net value and

2) it will excute at the end of the certain period.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

The solution for your problem is you need to maintain validity periods for the condition records.

So that you can acivate your condition records in season wise.

You need not to do anything with customization, only validity periods work for you.

I think this my clear your doubt.

Regards,

Sivalingeswara Rao.B

Former Member
0 Kudos

The validity period is already maintained(From today- 31.12.2007). The point is like the other condition types should be excluded or not appeared once the condition type KA00 is executed. I did the steps in the customizing as required. I don't know if something is missing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

All the condition types <b>having same requirement</b> gets excluded when you mark a condition exclusion in condition type settings (V/06) and place it above all CTypes you want to exclude. Kindly check the condition types you need to exclude have same Requirement.

Reward if it proves helpful

Regards

SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<b>Condition exclusion:</b> It is a provision by way of which you can control the discounts to be passed on to the customer in case if there are more than 1 discount type. Suppose you have 3 different condition types for discounts. you may not want to pass on all the discounts to the customer. This you can do through condition exclusion.

<b>Condition exclusion procedure:</b>

<b>1. OV31</b> - Define condition exclusion group.

<b>2. OV32</b> - Assign the various discount condition types to the group created in step no.1. Only select the discounts which are required by you. Suppose you have 3 discount types - a, b, & c. You want to do exclusion for a & b only. So do not select c here in this step.

<b>3. VOK8</b> - Here you select your pricing procedure, double click on exclusion. ere click on new entries, select the condition exclusion procedure like best condition between condition types; lease condition between condition types; best condition between 2 exclusion groups; best record within a condition type.

Save it.

4. When you create the sales order in <b>VA01</b>, the system will automatically exclude the condition type not wanted.

<b>FOR YOUR SCENARIO:</b>

For other discoounts you gice proper validity period in VK11.

For your required condition record in vk11 when you create the condition records just maintain the exclusion indicator X = net price. This “X” should have application type ‘V’

Now when you create the sales order other discounts will be deactivated.

Reward points if solution helps.

Regards,

Allabaqsh G. Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Patil,

Hope u got a nice week end.I tried what u told me. My condition type for the seasonal discount is KA00. I put it above other conditions Types and in VK11 in the Exclusion box i 've choosen X for Net price. By trying now other condition types in my sales order, i got them not excluded.

Thanks in advance

sailaja_vadlamudi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

For the seasonal discount we can maintain it in the condition record giving the validity.This can be done in the begining of the season ,as the validity is maintained it is not considered after the season.

Sail

Former Member
0 Kudos

My problem is to know if i have to use the condition exclusion or if there is any button in the the condition record to block the unsused conditions.