cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to take backup of Repositories with all the data ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

Iam facing with a serious problem my MDM 5.5 SP04 server has crashed and I have stored data on oracle 10g database on the same machine.

Now the problem is iam unable to open any of the components such as Console ,datamanager etc

Is it possible to take backup of repositories without MDM console.

I need to take backup of all the repositories with all the data in it I dont want to loose my data.

Please do suggest what needs to be done........

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

if you only worry about the data then you can check your archive folders

and import it once more

but you need to have repository for that...

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

No but my repositories are not getting loaded.

Its constantly giving error as Database Initialization falied, Cannot list repositories Iam unable to even see the repositories

Is there any other way out other than archiving coz i cannot open console.

Please help............

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you don't need console...

when you import data via import manager

the files should get to archive folder (on file system)

so you have the data if you use standard flow

R3 - XI - file - MDM

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can u please be a little elaborative.

But wen the repositories are not shown then how do i import and hw do i take backup

And my data is static its on oracle dbms and i need to take backup of the repositories.

please give all the necessary steps i need to do.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

If you want to create archive of your repositories then you can make use of CLIX.

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/8e/9f9c427055c66ae10000000a155106/frameset.htm">CLIX</a> provides Repository Copying Commands to Archive and Unarchive repository.

Just try it out and revert if you have any queries.

Thanks and regards

<b>Sagar Sonje

Mark helpful Answers</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

CLIX won't work if the Console doesn't work. It sounds like there's a corruption with the database. I would make sure MDS is stopped, delete the mds.ini file in the same directory as MDS, start up MDS again, and see if you can mount the repositories that are on your Oracle server. If this doesn't work, please contact SAP for support; some manual intervention may be required to restore your system.

(As for backing up your data, at this point your only option is to back up the database itself, since MDS can no longer connect to it.)

Regards,

Cleopatra

Former Member
0 Kudos

But how do we contact the SAP support team.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi tejas,

I have faced this problem before.

1. If you have archived your repository you can find the .a2a files in the Installation folder\Server\Archives path.

2. Else uninstalle the MDM Landspace and reinstall everything again.

2.1 In the console start the console and right click mount repository

2.2 Give the DBMS settings and then select the Repository and mention port you will surely get back everything.

<b>Remember will installing give the mention NO for back up replaced file</b>

Get back for help

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay

I had reinstalled the MDM application twice and i guess i did yes for back up replaced files.

Please do suggest now what has to be done ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

Follow these steps.

1. Mount and start the MDM Server in the console.

2. Right click on the server and select mount repository options and specify the DBMS setting (The DB which was initailly used)

3. Select the Repository from the drop down list in the Repository Name tab and mention a port

Try this and Get back for help,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vijay for ur inputs but now the problem is my console and every component is getting started but now the error is coming as <b>Database Initialization Failed</b> and <b>Unable to list the Repositories</b>.

Now why is this error coming i have checked my Oracle is working properlyit is getting connected but the initialization of databases is giving error.

Please do suggest..............

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

I have not faced such problem since i use MS SQL. Restart your system and try.

If it is not allowing to mount a repository just try to create a repoitory.

If that too fails then there should be some gap in the DBMS config.

I suggest you raise another thread for this problem.

Regards,

Vijay

Answers (0)