cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control functions available in Manage Business Partner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

We all know that in Manage Business partner option one can perform multiple activities like

1. Create Business Partner

2. Edit Business Partner

3. Create Employee for Business Partner and so on...

Now is there any way or authorization object by which we can control these activities?

What I mean is, User A should only be able to use "create Employee for business Partner" option from Manage Business Partner screen and not other options. Is it possible?

Can we control this via authorization object?

There has to be some standard solution.

Regards,

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<u>I don't think there is any authorization object, which will help.</u>

The reason being this is a Internet Transaction (Service) - BBPMAININT is called for this "Manage Business Partner" transaction in the Web page. This Internet service is a combination of activities are provided .. and as soon as it's available to any user's role/profile in SU01 transaction using PFCG transaction. You can provide all the activities, but not a single one.

Anyways, as the BASIS person to help to create a new role using PFCG transcation with some particular activityt and then again try assigning to a specific set of users .

Anyways, Let me throghly check again. Give some time. Also raise a customer OSS message with SAP as well to get some more insights.

Hope this will help. Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Atul,

Thanks for your inputs.

Basically this is definitely required by the business to have a good control over the various activities involved in Manage Business Partner transaction.

Business scenario that we are mapping is creating a Business Partner in SRM from accepted ROS suppliers.

Once the prospective supplier has been accepted in screen supplier, user needs to transfer the accepted supplier from ROS to SRM client via Manage Business Partner and create a Business Partner in SRM client.

We would not like to give entire business Manage Business Partner transaction access to the person who only creates the SRM BP from ROS supplier. The Authorization needs to be control further apart from just transaction BBPMAININT.

We did check the try to control authorization via object B_BUPA_RLT for "Business Partner: BP Roles" and S_TCODE - "Transaction Code Check at Transaction Start", but it seems not working as desired.

I guess there has to be some standard solution other than Template Change with Z Authorization object control.

Has anyone come across this requirement before?

Regards,

Sandeep