Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC adapter - AE_DETAILS_GET_ERROR - no adapter engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

have a strange error.

Our scenario connects two R/3 systems via RFC adapter (outbound / inbound) for an RFC in a standard R/3 function module SUSR_ZBV_GET_REMOTE_PROFILES.

The RFC is synchronous.

When starting the RFC call from the sender system the error message in the trace is "exception while reading from SLD:Property sap_xiadapterservice.adapterType does not exist".

Message in RWB:

"Transmitting the message using connection http://abc038.ceu.test.com:8077/sap/xi/engine?type=entry failed, due to: XIServer:AE_DETAILS_GET_ERROR:Property sap_xiadapterservice.adapterType does not: Unable to find any Adapter Engines."

- SLD connection is working

- Vis.Admin.: no problems found

(SAP RFC adapter active)

- Component monitoring: no errors

- all rfc connections checked: ok

Does anybody have an idea, how to fix that?

Best regards

Dirk

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

the official fix can be found in SAP note 909891 and will be included in SAP_BASIS 6.40 SP 16.

Best regards

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk and Yoad,

We are running into the same problem. The SLD data shows the following:

"Required SAP CIM Model Version: 1.4.23 "

As per your instructions:

Go inside the SLD.

select "class browser"

Select the tab "LD"

goto class "XI Adapter Service"

Look at the Properties section.

look for the name "AdapterType" - if it is capitalized... you will have a problem.

Here is the property we see.....

"AdapterType

(string) Qualifiers

Description Describes the type of adapter service. An example for a value is "file2xmb" (file adapter). "

My question to you is - is the fix from SAP the only solution to the problem? Is this patch specific to a bug in SP12? Is this patch available for download or do we have to get it through OSS?

Regards,

Jay Malla

Licensed To Code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

the fix I have received is at the moment the only solution for our "little" problem.

Reason was the implementation of XI in SP12 with first import of CIM data.

Check my other threat

for more information about this issue.

I will send you the fix (mentioned that your email address is available on your BC)

(Don´t forget that you will import it into your system on your own risk! )

Best regards

Dirk

Message was edited by: Dirk Meinhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dirk for your help. The connection between integration engine and the adapter engine is working. "AdapterType" was changed to "adapterType" for the XI Adapter Service.

Regards,

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dirk,

an official fix is yet not available? If not please send me the fix either (email address is in my BC), I got the same problem now.

TIA

Dominik

0 Kudos

Dirk,

Can you please send me that fix. Even we have the same problem, 'AE_DETAILS_GET_ERROR', at our end.

Regards,

Amar

732 763 0287

amareshwa.nemalikanti@pw.utc.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dirk, and Yodi,

I am also having similar kind of problem(but slightly different), Please see the error message as follows. I am running on SP15.

Received XI System Error. ErrorCode: AE_DETAILS_GET_ERROR ErrorText: no_messaging_url_found: Unable to find URL for Adapter Engine af.xis.gles3001 ErrorStack: Error when reading the access data (URL, user, password) for the Adapter Engine af.xis.gles3001

2006-03-01 15:51:14 Error Returning synchronous error notification to calling application: XIServer:AE_DETAILS_GET_ERROR:no_messaging_url_found: Unable to find URL for Adapter Engine af.xis.gles3001.

2006-03-01 15:51:14 Error Transmitting the message using connection http://gles3001.amers.ibechtel.com:8000/sap/xi/engine?type=entry failed, due to: XIServer:AE_DETAILS_GET_ERROR:no_messaging_url_found: Unable to find URL for Adapter Engine af.xis.gles3001.

2006-03-01 15:51:14 Error The message status set to FAIL.

Thanks and I appreciate your time.

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

I am also facing the same problem <b>"AE_DETAILS_GET_ERROR".</b>

<i><b>Please send me your fix.</b></i>

My E-mail ID: maha.nagarjuna@gmail.com

Thanks,

Nagarjuna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dirk

We also have the same problem. Could you please send me the fix too?

My email: gabi.maier@ch.ibm.com

Thank you very much,

Gabi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, thanks for the fast reaction.

Results: Unfortunately no changes!

Reimport of SAP BASIS 6.20 SWCV done

(BASIS 6.40 SWCV functions in Int.Rep. are greyed out, so we imported the RFC in SAP Basis 6.20)

Restart of Java Engine

-> No effect

I have checked the exchange profile already.

The J2EE Port is 5xx00

The name for the server is filled in correctly.

The user XIAFUSER is recognized in the trace. I have changed the pwd where necessary to be sure that it is the correct one!

-> no effect

Any other ideas?

Best regards

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

Can you try refreshing the Adapter Engine Cache?

Goto transaction sxi_cache, then menu Goto->Adapter Engine Cache, and then click on Delete Cache Contents.

Thanks,

Jesse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could this be the next step forward?

I have no entries in the screen for "Adapter engine connection data cache".

So I am not able to delete somthing!

Looks like the connection to the adapter engine is not working correctly?

OK, thats like the message said: no adapter type available!

But I have checked the entries in exchange profile and they look fine!

regards

Dirk

Message was edited by: Dirk Meinhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

I am facing the same problem for File Adapter.

"AE_DETAILS_GET_ERROR unable to find URL for Adapter engine. Error when reading the access data for adapter engine."

Let me know if u get any solution pls?

rgds,

Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sasi,

an idea for you:

Starting with the scenario we had a problem with the URL for exchange infrastructure pipeline address in SLD:

here it is important to link to the ABAP port 80xx instead of the http port 5xx00.

With the http port the error message looked similar!

(Thanx, Varun, but this is maintained well in our system!)

-

Now I have activated the next scenario with file adapter. Same error!

<Trace level="1" type="T">exception while reading from SLD:Property sap_xiadapterservice.adapterType does not exist</Trace>

Does anybody have experience with this problem?

Best regards

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dirk and all posters,

We get the same problem just as you described.

We also see no entries in the sxi_cache part for the adapter engine which indicates a problem in getting AE metadata from the SLD.

I see we are all not alone so i believe SP12 is the cause for the problem.

We have another SP11 system that works well.

We tried all those things to understand the problem:

1. look at the structure of the calsses maintained in the SLD to make sure the property "adapterType" exists.

2. Checked the log of the SLD with level "Finest" to make sure the data for the property is sent - all OK.

3. Try to completely delete SLD and reimport CIM 1.4 and CR content 2.0 - all the latest from the web - problem still exists.

4. Put a huge trace on the RFC gateway in the ABAP engine to make sure all XML data is received from SLD server including specific proprty. all ok.

5. Of course we made sure all caches are refreshed, access to SLD is performed all right (logs, traces).

6. Try to disable SM59 entry: SAPSLDAPI and look at the trace in SXMB_MONI. It shows error of connection of course instead of the error of the non exsitene property. But it still shows the error for not getting the access data - so this is only a side affect of the real problem.

Now, as you can see we turned the system from inside out.

I beleive the problem is SAP's problem regarding the parsing of the COM model in the CIM client. I believe that if i could debug the actual abap that parses the XML in the ABAP WAS i would find the problem - i could'nt find a way of debugging the actual processing of a message in QRFC so i'm stuck here.

- Does all of you who have the problem has SP12 ?

- Does any one have an idea of anything else we can all check ?

Good luck for us all 😆

Yoad Snapir.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ALL!

Problem was solved due to our super-natural debugging abilities ;->

The problem was really with CIM version 1.4..

The actual reason is that all Properties of CIM classes in the SLD when using the CIM content 1.4 (can be checked in SLD -> Administration -> Details -> Data) are for some reason capitalized in their first letter not like in some properties in CIM 1.3.

(Please note that if you imported CIM 1.3 (with the small letters) and only then the 1.4 - you will not get the error becuse for some reason it doesn't override the previous entries.)

Talking specific about our problem - The class "SAP_XIAdapterService" has a property named "AdapterType".

In CIM 1.3 it appears as "adapterType" (notice the small a). In CIM 1.4 it appears as "AdapterType".

Now, the ABAP code that get's the Adapters meta data from the SLD (Including Adapter Types) is still looking for "adpaterType" with small a.

Look in Function module "SAI_AE_DETAILS_GET" in line 241 and you will see:

-

property_value = sap_xi_adapter_service->get_property( 'adapterType' ).

-

Of course - to fix the problem a repair must be made to this hard coded value - that will solve this specific problem.

I will post that data to SAP so they can hand out a note to fix it permanently or maybe they will adjust the CIM - what ever...

P.S some other properties have the same problem (like "purpose" under XIRemoteAdminService) but i guess they are not as critical as Adapter Type...

Hope i helped you guys.

for more question - i can be reached at yoadsn@gmail.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yoad,

where can I identify if it is "AdapterType" and not "adapterType" ?

We have definitely CIM 1.4 in first installation, so no CIM versions loaded before!

Best regards

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Dirk,

Go inside the SLD.

select "class browser"

Select the tab "LD"

goto class "XI Adapter Service"

Look at the Properties section.

look for the name "AdapterType" - if it is capitalized... you will have a problem.

Oh, we found out more about that problem and how it will not happen even if you have the "adapterType" issue.

That is why it is not so common at XI customers.

Let me guess - you have DB host different then Application host 😆 it has a very weird relation to that..

For more details - just ask.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, thanxs for that nice quick guide through CIM!

As you said: I have a problem!

I have added your idea to my OSS call!

Best regards

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to be sure,

- Do you have a seperate DB host and app Host ?

- Does profile parameter SAPDBHOST is wrongly maintained? (eg. points to app server).

If so, that is why the problem really affects you and not ignored...

Let me know if you can - that will be halpful.

Yoad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

not sure, because I don´t know too much about this issue:

Looks like (from my understanding) DB host and applic. host are the same!

Where do I find profile parameter SAPDBHOST ? In exhange profile?

Best regards

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

In you ABAP WAS Profile:

usually at:

/usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/profile/default.pfl

You might want to consult you BASIS team for that one..

Anyway don't give too much attention to it - it's probably nothing.

Regards,

Yoad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dirk,

We are having AE_DETAILS_GET_ERROR, unable to find URL for IS. It looks like you have opened an OSS Note. Could you send me the steps what they've asked you to follow.

We have opened an OSS Note but as you know it takes long time, can you send what steps or specific notes they asked you to follow to my email xiconsultant@gmail.com

Thanks

SKM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

unable to find the URL looks different to this problem described here.

If there is an URL problem I would recommend to check the entry first for the business system type of your XI system.

Often this URL is set wrong and results in errors as yours described.

http://host:HTTPport/sap/xi/engine?type=entry

: pipeline URL in Bus.System for XI

Example for the above named links:

XI-server : wieap020.nn.com

XI-port: (ABAP port = 8072, HTTP-Port = 57200)

http://wieap020.nn.com:8072/sap/xi/engine?type=entry –pipeline URL

But I will add my results from the call here in this thread! You only need to be a little bit patient!

SAP checked our system yesterday and we got no result until then!

Best regards

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dirk,

Thanks for your reply. We did not change any configuration but all of a sudden it started giving AE problem.

Lets see what SAP will come up with. I just wanted to know what steps they asked to follow to resolve the issue.

SKM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

SAP has send an answer. They confirmed to Yoads idea about the use of capital letters in property "AdapterType" of class SAP_XIAdapterService.

They have provided a hot fix (only SP12) to me till they are able to provide a general correction!

Best regards

Dirk

0 Kudos

Hi,

Even we have similar problem AE_DETAILS_GET_ERROR at our end. Can you please suggest us how to solve this issue.

Regards,

Amar Nemalikanti

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai yoad and dirk,

how to edit that value after navigating till that place in sld?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am having this issue and already have the fix from note 909891 applied. I did see that the property is "AdapterType" instead of "adapterType". Does anyone have any other ideas? I've performed full cache refreshes already.

Thanks in advance!

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Drik,

We are also facing same isssue, AE_DETAILS_GET_ERROR. We had performed several checks but in the SLD check is failed at calling function module  Exchange profile parameter properties .After we debugging further more through the functional module it thrown a error EP_Error .

By checking all the posts we had observed the property  of class SAP_XIAdapterService as  "AdapterType".

Could you please suggest how to over come this issue asap.

Thanks In Advance,

Anusha Penneru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

Please go through this thread:

I hope it helps,

Thanks & Regards,

Varun Joshi

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

may be no adapter metadata?

Try 2 reimport SAP BASIS SWKV into IB Repository and restart J2EE Engine in TA SMICM.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

We are also facing same isssue, AE_DETAILS_GET_ERROR. We had performed several checks but in the SLD check is failed at calling function module  Exchange profile parameter properties .After we debugging further more through the functional module it thrown a error EP_Error .

By checking all the posts we had observed the property  of class SAP_XIAdapterService as  "AdapterType".

Could you please suggest how to over come this issue asap.

Thanks In Advance,

Anusha Penneru