cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove BOM[FF FE] from the input flat file in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

i am doing a file to idoc scenario my source file is coming with two special character ŸÞ which is not even visible on opening the file by ultraedit we came to know that it is .which is BOM byte order mark used as signature for UTF-16LE encoding.MY problem is how to get rid of this invisble character.If in adapter module i am using replace string bean eventhough its not working as these characters are not persent in the input file.Plz guide me how to proceed its urgent

Regards

Neha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabarish

I tried with encoding UTF-16LE but again its showing the error only the special character has changed at first its showing "ŸÞ" now its showing"Ï»¿" .

the error is"The Segment Ï»¿HEADER is missing in the message description. Check your file". These two characters are BOM i believe.

Regards

Neha

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try UTF-16BE also

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try using the encoding option in the sender file adapter;

<i>Under File Encoding, specify a code page.

The default setting is to use the system code page that is specific to the configuration of the installed operating system. The file content is converted to the UTF-8 code page before it is sent.

Permitted values for the code page are the existing Charsets of the Java runtime. According to the SUN specification for the Java runtime, at least the following standard character sets must be supported:

&#9632; US-ASCII

Seven-bit ASCII, also known as ISO646-US, or Basic Latin block of the Unicode character set

&#9632; ISO-8859-1

ISO character set for Western European languages (Latin Alphabet No. 1), also known as ISO-LATIN-1

&#9632; UTF-8

8-bit Unicode character format

&#9632; UTF-16BE

16-bit Unicode character format, big-endian byte order

<b>&#9632; UTF-16LE

16-bit Unicode character format, little-endian byte order</b>

&#9632; UTF-16

16-bit Unicode character format, byte order</i>

More at - http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/content.htm