For Sender RFC it < I am trying to create RFC Destination in SAP r/3

I have Given

RFC Dest : XI_CONNID

Conn type : Tcp/IP

Activation Type : Register Server Program

Program ID :sap

gateway host : sap-server( Sap server)

gateway service : sapgw00.

I saved and I tested but it is showing errors.

Error : Error in Opening RFC Connection

Whe i Click on this error message it i showing

Error Program sap not registered.

Points will be awarded.

regards,

Jayasimha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jaya,

create a RFC SENDER communication channel first and then activate the channel.

now go to sm59 there use the same program-id as u did at RFC SENDER COMMUNICATION CHANNEL.

note:program-id is registered by XI at R/3 level with details related to it's profile(XI profile).

step 1) create RFC COMMUNICATION CHANNEL with program-id as "any name" at XI first .

2)create TCP/IP connection with registered program-id created by XI at first step

so when you execute steps 2 then 1 you will get error ,coz by that time program-id is not yet registere by XI in R/3 domain.

after executing step 1 i.e creating porgram id at R/3 through XI.

got to ST22 at R/3 and check whether any dump is found against "XI creating porgram-id at R/3 level".

we failed at creating PROGRAM-ID itself at R/3 level because of missing authorizations against my R/3 user id,which we will be using at XI RFC channel.

generally problem will be at PROGRAM-ID creation itself,so just go to ST22 and check any authorizations missing for your userid which is being used at RFC channel configuring at XI.

Thanks & Regards,

Rama Krishna

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jayasimha

While creating the Sender-communication channel of type “RFC”.One important parameter is the Program ID. The RFC-Senderadapter registers itself with that ID

on the SAP gateway. It has to match case-sensitive with the corresponding entry

in the saprfc.inifile.

Once you have activated your communication channel the RFCAdapter registers with the specified Program-ID on the SAP Gateway and waits for a request/call.

After these steps give the program id in SM59.

Regards

Santhosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

You don't have to manually register your program ID. Have you created your RFC Sender CC? In that please specify same program ID. It is case sensitive. Also make sure that you are giving host and getway of application server that is SAPR3 system. Then activate your CC and check in comm channel monitoring. If it is not giving any error then go and check your RFC destination. It should work.

-Gouri

Award points if useful:)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You must to put the program id in RFC Sender in integration scenario in Sender RFC channel and activate, finally you must to go to sm59.

Regards.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ur program Id is not registered. recheck if it registered or not

Regards,

Prateek