cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packing with fixed devices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are beginning to work with fixed device transactions on AII and we have one question..

The field document type is set to 'outbound ext. doc.' and is disabled...the incoming deliveries from our R/3 system have document type 01 'outbound delivery' so we can´t assign them in this transaction...is it right? or maybe we need some extra support package??

We have WAS SP09 and support package SAPK-21001INAIN for AII

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Thanks everyone for the input. Good to see we are picking up more activity.

You can implement the changes necessary to use the fixed devices manually as suggested and according to the notes until they roll out the SP3. It does require changes to the code, but it can be done. Also, if you are just beginning and not fully integrating your solution,you don;t have to create a document to use fixed devices. Comments welcome?

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

After a time, we finished the release of our AII version to SP02 and WAS SP11 and also decided to use mobile transactions with a few development (we hope this could solve the problem)..

Thanks to everybody and sorry for the delay..

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

This is hardcoded in lines 11-13 of /AIN/LUI_DESKTOPF05 in program /AIN/SAPLUI_DESKTOP. I created a customer message and SAP said it would be corrected in the next release (we use SP2).

2 options:

- wait for the next release, or

- change the code in this and associated programs

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santanu,

First of all, thanks to everybody (Randy, John and you) for your answers.

According to what Randy and John said I'm installing support packages to release my version of AII in order to get SP2 of AII 2.1 (and of course waiting to finish to reward your posts)

As I've understood in your message it's no way until SP3 to use fixed device transactions...isn´t it?

Do you know when is the next release coming??

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daniel;

In addition to what Randy suggests, try the assignment with a mobile device as well. We found some transactions, ever after SP11, that could not be performed with the fixed devices.

The help http://help.sap.com/saphelp_autoid21/helpdata/en/ seems to indicate that the mobile device is the way to go with the assignment and the pack. We are using those devices as well.

If you find you can do an assignment with a fixed device, please let me know!

Cheers,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

You will need to apply SP2 for AII. You will have to patch your ABAP system up to SP10 or 11 I believe in order to apply it (you can actually go to 12). I would also recommend patching the kernel and java side as well. Then check your document settings again. If you still need cannot assign the document, search notes for the outbound setting and document assignment. There are some specific notes on this subject, and some may not have been implemented on the SP2, but upcoming in SP3.