cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SERVER LOCK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a problem in mounting the server in MDM. MDM was installed in by neighbours machine and When i tried to mount the server it was locked and i cannot access it. how to resolve it? why it has been locked? is it necessary that only one should use the same server at a time?

thanks,

Kannan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you try to close the clients and restart the service (MDM Server and the DBMS service e.g. SQL Server) ?

former_member201266
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kamal,

Usually whenever you try to mount an Server it mounts into your system, but you got to unlock it; this is by default; if your neighbour has not changed the user name or password; then the default will be username : Admin and no passwrod;

try this out; you might be able to unlock the server; user the proper case for username as cap(A) and remaing small letters and no passwrod(Blank field).

Regards,

CHARAN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kannan,

What version of MDM do you have? In versions prior to SP5, the server could be locked in the Console when a server password has been set.

Regards,

Cleopatra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kamal ,

this is a rare thing.you said that u are not able to mount server.do one thing when u open the console go to the main menu bar ->view->read only.see if it is checked or not.if it is checked then uncheck it.and then right click on SAP MDM server i hope u will get the start server option and u will be able to mount

thanks

Arnab