cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS-Mill: Same material number for reel and coil?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using IS-Mill on ECC6. The MM consultant are suggesting that I have to create 2 different material number if I maintain one for reel and one for coil. And he even suggested that coils of different length also need to create a number. I am actually surprised at the solution because the material is basically the same but different packaging but yet we need to create multiple material numbers. Can anyone clarify?

regards

FS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, We are having the same issue in our Implementation for paper. The Reel and Base stock have the same material no with different chars( Dia, width etc), you need to see how the material is too be costed. In our case all the cost are captured at Jumbo Reel level and the only chance the occurs is Reel is converted to multiple rolls and trim losses are captured. You can use the Transaction MILL_CUT in ECC/R/3 which effectively does a 309 movement type and goes from one to many batches. So your issuing material and receiving material is the same and the batch nos are different. We do receipt of all these materials in a separate SLOC and exclude from ATP.

let me know if you need more details on this,

Cheers,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Appreciate the response.

So when you do a 309 movement, each individual roll has a different batch number, right? Will it be possible to maintain such that after cutting to rolls, each new batch number is a pallet of 40 rolls for example.

regards

Foong Shin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I can understand the situation that you are going through.

I have implemented IS-Mill for both Steel as well as Paper.

Mr. Chong, there isn't a need to define a separate material code for rolls and sheets. It can be mapped either as a Characteristic or also as a User Status for the Batch. Having 2 different material codes can be a pain if a Sales Order was already booked and later on the customer demands for Sheet in place of Coil.

The whole planning situation might get messed up.

In Paper though, the situation is a bit different because of the commanility of the routing. In fact, you should not compare Paper with Metals !!!

In case of Metals, for Coil or Sheet, the routing will undergo changes at the rolling stage itself. This isn't the case with Paper.

So, Mr. Chong, pls do not try to follow the Paper scenario. Put the aforementioned logic to your consultant and avoid a potential messy situation.

If you need more details, let me know. I am based out of Singapore and would be willing to help.

former_member330651
Active Participant
0 Kudos

can you share your contact

as i m also supposed to implement IS-Mill for steel billet manufacturing industry. thanks

imdad

former_member330651
Active Participant
0 Kudos

can you share your contact

as i m also supposed to implement IS-Mill for steel billet manufacturing industry. thanks

imdad