cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching attibutes in the record mode in Data Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If i create a new attribute in taxonomy mode,i cannot view it in the corresponding search in the record mode in Data Manager.The particular attribute which i have added is not getting displayed in the attributes in the search pane.If i have to search for that attribute in the record mode what should i do.

Thanks and Regards,

Preethi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi preethi,

if you want to display the corresponding attributes,when you are selecting or searching in the record mode. you have linkup the attribute to particular node which you have created in taxonomy.

if you have not linked the attributes to the node, while searching the corresponding attributes will not be searched or selected.

i hope the above points will help you

get back for any help

bharat.chinthapatla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi bharath,

Thanks for your reply..So when i create the attribute of type text in multiple languages how do i see it in the record mode after linking it to a particular category.It is showing the attribute in the default language only.

Thanks and regards,

Preethi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi preethi,

can you explain in more detail , then i will be more clear about ur doubt?

Get back for any help

bharat.chinthapatla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i created a text attribute in the taxonomy mode and created values for it in various languages using Language Detail tab.I have linked the attribute to a particular category.Now in the record mode for the particular category,the attribute i have added is gettin displayed and the values for it are getting displayed only in the default language in the Records Detail pane.Cant i see the values in other languages which i have created in the taxonomy mode

Thanks and Regards,

Preethi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Preethi,

I believe what you are seeing is by design. You can edit the additional languages like you did from Taxonomy Mode, but from record mode you only see the options for the language you have logged in to. If you want to see how it looks in the other languages you will need to select the other language while logging in to the Data Manager. This won't change the language of the UI, only the language showing for the fields, attributes, values,... There is not a way to view multiple language layers for the attributes in Record Mode.

Regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the information.

Thanks and Regards,

Preethi

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Preethi,

there are a few differencies between fields and attributres

have a look at table:

Tab. 1 Comparison Fields vs. Attributes

from this document

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/5d4211fa-0301-0010-9fb1-ef1...

for search options based on attributes have a look at the bottom

of the table I mention

hope this will clarify a little bit

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Thanx for the document.I have created an attribute in taxonomy mode for one of the categories.When i am searching for the attributes in the Categories in the search pane in record mode i could not get it.How do i search for the attribute i have created in the taxonomy mode in the record mode.

Thanks and Regards,

Preethi