cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Get JDBC Drivers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

how to get the about exact driver needed for Microsoft sql 2000 sp4 .

i had gone through the deployment process of JAR files from how to guides-- How To <b>Install and Configure External Drivers for JDBC & JMS Adapters</b>

i also checked the linked given in SDN threads to get the drivers (setup.exe)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=07287b11-0502-461a-b138-2aa54bfdc03a&displa...

but how can i confirm whether i had suitable drivers or not and one thing i had doubt ..

<b>the driver which i download will expire after some trial period...

my customer had licenced/purchased version MSSql2000, so will the

they might be having the exact drivers...</b>

can any one guide me the approach of getting the exact drivers...

Thanks & Regards,

Ajay Pant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

/thread/31714 [original link is broken]

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Please look at the following thread, might help you :

JDBC Drivers :

Former Member
0 Kudos

did you check this? you basically need a Type 4 JDBC driver and heres one for MSSQL2K

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=86212D54-8488-481D-B46B-AF29BB18E1E5&displa...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx Sridhar Amol

but my concern is about whether downloading the driver from the above links will have any issue with license agreement/terms period.

or my client will be having some key to download the driver of its purchased/licensed

MS Sql...

Thx &regards

Ajay Pant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ajay,

Upto my knowledge JDBC drivers are free of licensing issues. We have been using MS SQL server and Oracle JDBC drivers downloaded from Vendor sites for almost a year. We have not faced any issues yet.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need not worry ...there are no issues about downloading it from the vendor sites and no key / details required for downloading as well.