cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem when starting Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've installed the SAPNW2004sJavaSP9_Trial, when i try to start the server using the sapmmc, Database instance is Up, App Server Instance 0 (MessageServer/EnqueueServer) is up too, but the instance 1 (jcontrol, J2EE Server) remain with partial load (Yellow icon). I can't get error messages, but process get long time running and get High use of processor.

Does anybody has a tip do identify the problem cause?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly adjust the virtual memory and also you may need to set profile parameters for JVM.

Regards

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've decided to install another version of NetWeaver and it don't appears with problem.

Thanks all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just check the central instance icon which is in yellow colour.

Expand it and check in the process list and process table as to what is stopped.

<b>For eg:</b> if jcontrol is stopped just right click on it-----> developer trace.

There you will find what the problem is.

Also in the process table you can see SDM, Dispatcher, Server nodes.

Check which node is stopped and check the developer trace.

Any queries revert back.

Do reward points if useful.

Regards,

Nayana

Message was edited by:

Nayanalakshmi Bhat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nayanalakshmi,

Thanks by response, i've seen it, but i can get some error message.

The process server0 of type J2EE Server enter on Starting Apps status, and don't get out it. Trace doesn't show some errors.

Do you have any other idea?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Isais,

Go to your work directory /usr/sap/<SID>/<Instance>/work.

check for logs dev_server0 and std_server0.out. Also look for dev_dispatcher and std_dispatcher.out logs. Hope this will surely help to diagnoise the problem.

Thanks and Regards,

Sailesh K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The only entry that appears not ok is this :

[Thr 3956] JStartupICheckFrameworkPackage: can't find framework package C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC01\exe\jvmx.jar

This is a required dependency?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

this is not a error but it seems to be your system is has very low resources CPU so it will take some time can go upto 1-2 hrs in these cases

Samrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samrat,

I've a AMD 1.GHz and 2 GB RAM.

The NetWeaver CE runs correctly.

Thanks by response.

Isaías

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have faced this problem on 1.6..Ghz CPU system but in my case is not trail version

but i strongly recomend high end desktop for 04s j2ee systems for better performance a minimum of 2Ghz

Samrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks by response,

I will try in another machine.

0 Kudos

Hello!

I have the same problem, however my server have another configuration and even so the problem persists.

4 processors - Intel Xeon 2.33Ghz

8GB RAM

Win 2k3Standard SP2 64bits

SQL Server 2005 - SP1

I opened a message to SAP. They analyzed the log files, and now I am awaiting they will be connected to the my environment.

If you will uncover some solution, please place here, therefore the problem of you can be the of many.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mauricio,

I think your problem isn't because machine

My solution was install a previous version, unfortunatelly. I'm waiting for a good solution.

I saw you from Brazil too, i'm from Belo Horizonte.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Can you please paste the logs from dev_server0 , std_server0.out and dev_dispatcher.

Regards,

Prem