Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block direct logon to satellite system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

I am working with Sol Man 4.0 SP12.

I have connected R/3 with Sol Man. The user ID has been created in Sol Man As well as in R/3. (In both the systems the user ID is same)

Now the user can logon to R/3 system via Sol Man (T-RFC role has been assigned to him).

But still the user is logging into R/3 system directly & performing the configurations. We want to block this option. Without Sol Man, he should not able to get into R/3 system.

One work around might be, change the password & do not inform to the user.

But for our case, we having about 185 consultants to do the configuration.

If i lock the user ID in R/3, i can not logon through Sol Man also. So this option is invalid.

If i maintain him as "Service" user also, he can directly logon to R/3. So this option also invalid

If any other work around is available please guide me.

Regards

Senthil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Senthil,

Your question is more from an Process point of view rather than Solution Manager.

I assume that you are using Solution Manager to implement your SAP solution.

There are 2 possibilities here :

1. Roll out an standard process for all the 185 consultants working with you and strictly instruct to perform the configuration using the Solman route. In case of violations lock the userid's and get your senior mangement involved.

2. Start using Change management. If you activate change management then no one can create an transport request in the satellite systems without routing it via an change request in Solution Manager. This way even if the consultant logs in to satellite system his work is useless and he is forced to follow the Solman Route.

I hope that the above tips helps.

Regards

Amit