cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jive forum?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this a sign of things to come? Will ep6 come with a jive forum like this one? .. maybe a package for the jive forum!! What a great alternative..

I'm inquisitive how this looks to customers thinking of using the portal for threaded discussions.. looking here. and seeing a jive forum.. sweet solution

I can just imagine some managers sitting around a table. “Yes we need the SAP portal to implement the jive forum,” second manager say “yes, now lets make sure this is 24X7 and highly available.. how many servers will we need?”

But seriously.. is this a sign of things to come?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Mark,

Would you be able to help me with a couple of questions surrounding the implementation of Jive?

Thanks

former_member374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Is this a sign of things to come? Will ep6 come with

> a jive forum like this one? .. maybe a package for

> the jive forum!! What a great alternative..

>

Hi John,

Jive Software is in the process of getting their solution SAP certified and I am sure the will create a package for easy integration/implementation.

We will keep you posted about it, Mark.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We're also interested in integrating Jive Forums into a SAP Portal. Any news on the certification or availability of a package to integrate?

Anyone who did this before and can help with a how-to guide?

Thanks a lot

Best regards

Stephie

PuneetSaxena
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Jive Software - or, specifically it's Forum component, is now part of the portal, as of SP12.

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/45/ef95aab37f3482e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm">JIVE Help Document</a>

To Install :

You've to download

1) KMCUI12_0-20002292.SCA

2) FORUMS12_0-20002293.SCA

and deploy it by SDM.

Then create 3 iviews for

1) Discussion

2) Forum Admin View

3) Forums Configuration

Please check the doc

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/45/e567da810473b1e10000000a11466f/content.htm

to create iViews.

Assign these iViews to roles and then it'll work fine for you.

Thanks and Regards

Puneet