cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP PPM and R/3 BOM concept??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am using SNP for planning a material in APO. That material has many sub-component in R/3 BOM. I am interested in only one of its sub component.

Currently we release forecast from DP to R/3 and plan that finished material in R/3.

My question is " Can I plan only the finished material and only one sub-component in SNP?"

Also can I release the forecast for the finished material to R/3 as well as to SNP and plan rest all sub-component in R/3 and the one sub-component that I am interested in in SNP?

Thanks,

Sanju

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Yes, you can plan the FG material and ur required subcomponent matl in SNP by ensuring that MRP type is XO for these products while Cifing them to APO.

when Forecast is released from DP to SNP, the planning takes place and ppm exlposion happens which gives planned orders for FG, dependent demand planned orders for the sub component u require.

when the planned orders for the FG is cifed to R/3 and mrp run is taken, bom explosion happens in R/3 ensuring planning for the rest of the sub components ( no additional plan is generated for the already planned sub component in SNP)

So, u dont need to release the plans to R/3 and SNP simulataneously which will lead to double planning.

Hope that explains ur query .

revert back in case of ane doubts.

kiran

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanju,

You can plan a FG even without the subcomponents(reqd for capacity planning). But as you want to plan a single subcomponent, you have to send it first to APO as already mentioned in earlier replies by making the MRP Type X0 and CIFing. after that only try CIFing the production Version to APO as then only a single subcomponent or else the subcomponents of the FG which are present in APO will be considered in the PPM. This way you will be able to plan for a FG and the subcomponents which are present in APO through SNP. for rest of the products it will be done by the MRP in R/3 taking the dependent demand. You dont have to replease the forecast separately to R/3, only releasing it once to SNP will solve your problem.

Hope this solves your Problem..

Regards,

Manjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sanju -

You can plan the FG and only one Sub component in APO by just putting the MRP type of those components as X0. during the MRP run these components with MRP type as X0 will not be planned as they are going to be planned in APO.

Hope this answers your question.

Regards,

Suresh Garg