cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWA background job log says "Solution is being edited (Setup)"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

I've setup my EWA for my satellite systems but I'm still unable to generate the EWA reports. I still get a red flag saying "session data is overdue"

I took a look at the SM:EXEC SERVICES background job. The job runs regularly but the log says this:

Step 001 started (program RDSMOPBACK_AUTOSESSIONS, variant &0000000000018, user ID ZSAPADMIN)

Solution PB2 is being edited (Operations)

( EW_ALERT ) Session 1000000000073 for 09/03/2007 created (PB2)

Solution PB2 is being edited (Setup)

Solution PS2 is being edited (Operations)

Solution PS2 is being edited (Setup)

Solution PX2 is being edited (Operations)

Solution PX2 is being edited (Setup)

Solution PX3 is being edited (Operations)

Solution PX3 is being edited (Setup)

Job finished

I get the same error if I run the RDSMOPBACK_AUTOSESSIONS program manually. The error also shows the message DSWP438.

I've been banging my head against the wall for a few days. I can't find any help in the marketplace and from any posts in SDN.

Any thoughts? Maximum points will be awarded for a solution to my issue.

PS: These are my package versions:

SAP_BASIS SAPKB70010

ST SAPKITL419

Thanks,

Nick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dolores,

I did what you said, but I'm getting a short dump after putting in the "EN":

Syntax error in program "RDSVASAEW_ROOT_____________072 "

Error in the ABAP Application Program

The current ABAP program "SAPLDSVAS_PROC" had to be terminated because it has

come across a statement that unfortunately cannot be executed.

The following syntax error occurred in program "RDSVASAEW_ROOT_____________072

" in include "RDSVASAEW_ROOT_____________072 " in

line 96:

"INCLUDE report "/1CAGTF/IF_LOGFUNC_000393" not found."

" "

" "

" "

The include has been created and last changed by:

Created by: "SAP "

Last changed by: "SAP "

I'll start researching this and see what I can find.

Thanks,

NIck

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

Apply note # 727998 - Complete Replacement of Service Definitions for SDCC/SDCCN

in the solman system, and let me know if this fixes the issue.

Best regards,

Dolores

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dolores,

Wow, I hoped I wouldn't have to "drop the hammer". I read note 727998 and I think I understand how to delete all the entries. I am concerned that I won't be able to re-import them. I'm currenlty on a project where our SAP boxes cannot reach outside our firewall (no OSS or RFC to outside). I'm reading where it says "Implement transport SERVDEF.CAR at sapservX, /general/R3server/abap/note.0727998 ". But I'm not sure how I can get to this.

The last thing I want to do is blow these away w/o being able to put them back.

Please advise and thanks for your help so far. I will reward points when complete,

NICK

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

I sent you the last SERVDEF.CAR by e-mail.

Refreshing the Service Definitions for SDCCN is not affecting any other solman functionality, this is only for SDCCN functionality.

Best regards,

Dolores

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dolores,

Could you please be so kind to also send me the last SERVDEF.CAR file. Unfortunately I've not got access to sapserv3.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Gyorgy Matyas

mailto:gyorgy.matyas@itsh-external.hu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Dolores,

I am facing the same problem with Nick and I can't connect to the sapserver either. Could you please send me the SERVDEF.CAR by email? Thank you very much!

Waiting for you reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Dolores,

My email is wangqinhua@gmail.com. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dolores,

I have same case as them, can you also provide me this file SERVDEF.CAR. My email address is j.v.delos.reyes@accenture.com. I need to fix it urgently.

thank you very much.

regards,

jovie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dolores,

I have same case as them, can you also provide me this file SERVDEF.CAR. My email address is j.v.delos.reyes@accenture.com. I need to fix it urgently.

thank you very much.

regards,

jovie

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Providing the transport via e-mail is not OK and is against license agreements.

Setup a connection to SAPSERVx to get the files, setup an connection to OSS or create a customer message on SV-SMG-SDD.

Sorry,

Ruediger

Answers (14)

Answers (14)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dolores,

Even we are facing the same issue we need the transport files /general/R3server/abap/note.0727998 as per the OSS note 727998 to import after deleting service definitions as per the note.Please send the files to me it would be gr8 help to us.

Thanks

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am also facing the same problem & not able to make ftp connection to sapservx as we r using sap router snc connection. So, plz send me the same file ie SERVDEF.CAR .

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ankit Gupta

email-"friends.ankitgupta at gmail.com"

jawad_hasan
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi anyone could send me this file please .. i am reallystuck and dont have connection to ftp sapservx ..SERVDEF.CAR

jawad_hasan
Explorer
0 Kudos

please send file on jawadshah42 @ hotmail .com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicholas,

I am facing the same issue in my Sol Man 4.0 currently. I couldnt find any help on OSS or google.

Can you please advise how you resolved your issue? Also, please forward the servdef.car file to me?

Please act swiftly as we are going live on this wednesday and have to generate the EWA soon.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Abdul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abdul,

If you send me your e addr, then I can email you the file.

I resolved the issue with the .car file. You should able to read this whole thread and figure the rest out.

But you need the .car file so reply to this thread with your e address

Thanks

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Nick,

can you pls. send me the file im facing the same error

to my e-mail id it is in profile not alloowed to put here

regards

TM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick

Seems that this is very commaon problem with SAP solution manager 4.0 . I am also facing the same problem and tying to follow the note 727998 but unable to locate SERVDEF.CAR.

Please Guide me to download this file or else drop me an email which is the same . Email is in my business card.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nick,

In My Solman 4.0 system the job SM:SER* is not running and throwing the dump. Can you please help me with getting that SERVDEF.CAR file. This will solve my problem of EWA generation please.

Thanks for understanding.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For everyone replying to this thread wanting the SERVDEF.CAR file,

None of your requests via this thread are being sent to Dolores, since it was me (Nick) who opened the thread. All requests come to me. I don't mind sending you the file, but be aware that you are better off opening the connection to OSS and getting it that way. Dolores was nice enough to send to me since I work on a project that does not allow an outside connection to SAP.

NICK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having same issue we are at SPS1, where can I find servdef.car file, please direct me there other wise if possible send to ckanjerla@ballhort.com

Thanks,

Chander

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem has been resolved (I think),

After rebuilding the SDCCN service defs on the solman box, I created those "refresh service def" tasks on each satellite system. Then I kicked off that task, then the "refresh sessions" task. That, in turn, kicked off the "EWA for solution manager" task. Once the SM: EXEC SERVICES job ran on solman, I started seeint EWA reports.

Thanks to Dolores!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nicholas Well,

I am also facing the same problem, could you please send me the servdef.car file to my email id abarui@rediffmail.com.

Its really urgent.

Thanks in advance. Waiting for your reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How did you rebuild SDCCN definitons on Solman Box. I am also having similar problems with my client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am now seeing reports with a grey status. I'm getting some kind of download problem. The reports do not have the system data.

For some reason, solman is not able to download the info from the satellie. I checked my rfcs and the "read system data remote" function from smsy for the system component. I'm getting good readings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dolores,

I'm not really sure what my next steps are. Should I schedule another early watch report? Should I rebuild the SDCCN service defs on my satellite systems?

Thanks

NICK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dolores,

I can now run the /nDSA w/o the short dump. It takes me to "Change Mode: EarlyWatch Alert - SID:

the error is "Please enter the system ID of the R/3 system - - download data"

Then it shows the different tabs for product, component, addons, etc

I guess I'll fill all these in and save..we'll see what happens.

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dolores,

I'm running the steps of note 727998 now. I have already deleted the tables using report BDL_DELETE_ALL_TABLES.

I imported the transport using STMS successfully.

I'm running the function module

/BDL/_GENERATE_LOGFUNCINCLUDES with option ALL now.

The results show all green (success!)

Now should I try running the SM:EXEC SERVICES background job again?

I'll try that and reply.

Thanks,

Nick

Now should I try running the

Former Member
0 Kudos

move K file to cofile directory and R file to data directory.

After you to /nstms in the solman system>Import Overview>select solman system--> Extras->Other request->Add

Add order SAPKVSDTAA and import.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dolores,

Where can I find documentation on how to apply this? I have un-car'd the file and I see 2 files:

KVSDTAA.SAP

RVSDTAA.SAP

How do I apply these to my system? I guess I'm a bit unfamiliar with creating cofiles. I'm guessing that I'll need to drop these files in the /usr/sap/trans/cofiles directory? Will I need to rename them? And how do I get them to show up in STMS so that I can apply?

Thank you SO much for your help so far!

NICK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit,

Your comments do not help me. I have checked my RFCs (they all work), I have checked my SDCCN logs (I do not see error).

My issue, I think, seems to be with the SM:EXEC SERVICES background job. Please look at my original posting and let me know what you think.

The RDSMOPBACK_AUTOSESSIONS program does not seem to run correctly, I get these messages back in the log:

Solution PB2 is being edited (Setup)

Solution PS2 is being edited (Operations)

Any Ideas, or is this to be expected?

Regards,

Nick

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Nick,

Call transaction /nDSA an enter the session number, when you see the session double-click on it, enter EN language and we will see the reason why the EWA can not be generated in the first sections of the session.

Hope this helps,

Dolores

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dolores Correa,

I am also facing the same problem, could you please send me the servdef.car file to my email id abarui@rediffmail.com.

Its really urgent.

Thanks in advance. Waiting for your reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dolores,

I got a similar error message and was real out of any idea. Searching in SDN I found very fast your hints.

Great, after short authorization problems my problem solved itself with your transaction.

regards from a swabian

Manfred Velayos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nick,

"session data is overdue" Means that no data was transferred from SDCCN of the satellite system to solution manager for the particular session id. IF you have this as an generic issue in your solution, following cases might be true :

1. RFC to send data from Satellite System to Solution Manager does not work. Check which RFC you have set in SDCCN of Satellite system and then check whether the same works from SM59.

2. Sessions are not getting transferred to Satellite system. This can be the case if the RFC's are not working.

3. Problem during data transfer or collection. This can be analyzed from SDCCN of Satellite system by analyzing the logs of the particular sessions which did not receive data in Solution Manager.

If you need further inputs if the above cases are not true please feel free to revert back.

Regards

Amit