cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capacity constraint at Semi FG level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus -

I have 2 FGs 1001 and 2001 and they both use a semi FG 001. I have a constraint at the semi FG level.

I ran SNP Heuristic and it created Planned orders for the FGs and dependent Requirments for the semi FG.

I want to do capacity leveling at the semi FG level and level out any excess loads.

What I do not want to is to send any dependent requirements to R/3. But since Dep Reqs are sent through the CIF IM for Planned Orders, I see the DepReqs in r/3/ How should I avoid this?

Are there any better methods to handle this type of scenario?

Appreciate all your help!

Varun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Would strongly suggest you to consider configuring change pointers with which you can control what and when orders are sent to R/3. Take a look at /sapapo/c5 transaction and check the options available. You will have to configure appropriate setting in IMG for OLTP transfer.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can try to create a product hierarchy and attach the two FG to the Semi FG. (am not sure how complicatied your PPMs/PDS between Semi FG and FG are .. but if they are a 1:1 relation this works great)

You also can create a Virtual location as a hierarchy under which your current plant is a location

this will generate a location product hierarchy

and use the Aggregated Planning Area and planning books to reflect this

The way you see aggregated demand at the semiFG will be a bit different but will give you the same results

You can do the capacity levelling in the Aggregated product location level

You can block the publication of the results of the virtualk location and that will ensure your Semi FG dependent demand will not be transferred to R3

the link here gives more details

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/2c/c557e9e330cc46b8e440fb3999ca51/content.htm