cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same SKU with different names in 2 systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am wokring on a SNP scenario. We have a finished sku A and its sub component sku C.

<b>A (FERT) ---> C (RM)</b>

We have forecast on sku A and want to find dependent demand in sku C thru SNP

<b>Forecast A -

> Find Dependent Demand C</b>

<b>sku A maintained in ERP1 R/3 system as FERT

sku C maintained in ERP 1 R/3 system with different name sku B as Raw material

sku C maintained in ERP2 R/3 system as FERT</b>

Now product A is maintained in one R/3 system and product C is in another R/3 system. Both these R/3 systems are connected to APO and both these materials are also in APO now.

After heuristic planning in SNP, we want to pass the dependent demand to ERP2 system as Sales Order.

My concern is if sku C has different name in 2 systems, how should I pass the demand to other system?

Please advice.

Thanks,

Sanju

Message was edited by:

Sanju

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should be able to achieve this through appropriate CIF related user exits. I am afraid there is no configuration option for this requirement.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe you can create SKU D in APO (and R3) which is lined through PPMs or PDS to SKU B from ERP1 and SKU C from ERP2 and aggregate the dependent demand generated during Heuristics to SKU D

then you can only transfer only SKU D to ERP2? Am not sure how important it is for you to hav the link between SKU D and SKU c in ERP2

Alternately

Dont transfer SKU C from ERP2 to APO. Only create Dependent demand for SKU C from ERP1 and transfer it to ERP2. You can run MRP again in ERP1 for the aggregated requirement (unless you want some APO specific functionality, the result must be close to what you will get in APO)