cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xml to ANSIX12 using Seeburger

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I need to develop a scenario to intgerate xml message system with (ANSI X12)EDI system.

so what would be the steps involved in it?

what are the adapters I need to use?

and any modules,function in Seeburger?

and we have only FTP and X400/p7 communication adapters.I think AS/2 is not supported for Pharma industries?

how do I send my EDI messages to the partner,if we have VAN?

thank you,

babu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Seeburger EDi adapter could help u to connect to EDI systems as well as will help u to send EDI messages if u have VAN.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Prateek.

do you mean Seeburger EDI adapter = Seeburger communication adapter(FTP,AS2,AS1etc..)

do you have any clue with my other questions?

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Babu

As I said in my previous post BIC Adapter is Seeburger EDI adapter. It’s not communication adapter (you can call it conversion agent). All other adapters (AS2, OFTP, FTP/VAN, X400P7, File etc.) are communication adapters. So BIC adapter (BIC entry in module chain) can be used with any communication adapters running in Adapter Framework.

Typical process can be :

Inbound – create EDI2XML_ANSIX12_BIC_Mapping and use it in sender CC module chain.

This mapping transforms EDI ANSI X12 message to XML_ANSIX12 message. You can export this XML_ANSIX12 message structure from BIC MD in xsd format and import it in SAP XI (so this can be your source structure for next XI mapping). XI Mapping can be exp. XML_ANSIX12 message_to_IDOC.

Outbound scenario – use Mapping IDOC_to_ XML_ANSIX12 message. Than in communication channel module chain call Mapping XML2EDI_ ANSIX12 Mapping to convert XML_ANSIX12 message to EDI_ANSIX12 message.

Regards

Naycho

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naycho,

I have read some where that we can use BIC as Adapter too but using it as a module is prefered thats why I have mentioned it as an communication adapter.but from here on I will treat it as coverter or module.

any clue with what formats do the communication adapters support?and about my other questions?

thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

infact I wanted to ask if we do only for E2X or X2E mappings ,we use only BIC MD mapping,not XI Mapping,right?

<b>- yes you need just BIC MD mapping.</b>

what would be the message format while sending the documents to the partner if we use BIC MD in the communication channel,EDI or xml?

<b>- for outbound process with BIC MD Mapping (exp. See_X2E_ANSIX12_810_V4010) you are sending EDI ANSIX12 message.</b>

-can we use just XI mapping and no BIC MD mapping to interface with EDI?

<b>-SAP XI is working with XML messages and if you want to use EDI Message info you have to transform it to EDI_XML message in XI. It means that you need BIC MD mapping for this transformation.</b>

Regards

Naycho

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Naycho for your time and patience for answering my questions.

7.I am developing a scenario to transfer xml (source ) messages as EDI ANSI X12 (Target) to our partners,we have just Seeburger FTP&X400/P7 adapters.

so I am thinking to develop in this way

a.import XSDs of source xml message and target ANXI X12 transaction set structure and do the mapping in XI.

b. get xml files by using File adapter in XI and develop BIC MD mapping call that in Seeburger FTP communication channel module and send mesages as EDI format to our partners through VAN,

how is the procedure,feasible with this approach?

8.can we use AS2 dapter even for Pharma industry?if we want to use AS2 adapter ,even our partner does require Seeburger Adapters?can we send EDI messages to VAN through AS2 adapter?

9.what are the formats supported by different seeburger adapters?

for these

1)AS2

2)OFTP

3)FTP/VAN

4)x400 P7

5)BIC Adapter

please clarify me with these too.

thank you very much,thanks alot.

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

See comments below:

1.what is 1:1 mapping?does it mean that mapping with no transformation in BIC MD?

<b>- this is BIC MD E2X or X2E Mappings exp. See_E2X_ANSIX12_810_V4010</b>

2.when only one Mapping_user.sda exists at all the times,how the the previous mappings get effected in the communicationchannels or Modules ?

<b>-You need only 1 project in BIC MD with user defined mappings and when you need a new mapping just add it to the project, create and deploy a new sda file.

Than your new user defined Mapping library contains old and new mappings (you are not loosing any mappings).</b>

3.and when I have BIC MD mapping do I need Xi mapping too?or Xi mapping not needed?

<b>-You can have only BIC MD mapping. It’s even possible to implement XI Mapping logic in BIC MD Mapping but it’s not common used because is not really convenient. Every time when you need to change the mapping you need to create a new sda file and deploy it on XI system. That’s why usually BIC is used only for E2X or X2E mappings.</b>

Regards

Naycho

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naycho,

thank you very much for clarifying me more.

infact I wanted to ask if we do only for E2X or X2E mappings ,we use only BIC MD mapping,not XI Mapping,right?

4.what would be the message format while sending the documents to the partner if we use BIC MD in the communication channel,EDI or xml?

5.can we use just XI mapping and no BIC MD mapping to interface with EDI?

6.my friend who is working in a scenarion like IDOC to ANSI X12 with AS2 communication channel ,they are doing just XI mapping in Integration Builder,he didn't mention anything like they are doing BIC MD mapping to send mesages to the partner.so do you think they are sending xml messages to the partner?

but in receiving messages they are using BIC,Splitter,Classifier ,what might be the reason?

thank you.

babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Babu,

be careful you can have only 1 Mapping_user.sda file. So next time when you try to deploy the new generated sda it overwrites the previous one. So you just have to add your mappings in BIC MD project. To use those mappings you need BIC module that can be used with any communication adapter (see my previous post).

Regards

Naycho

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Naycho,

1.what is 1:1 mapping?does it mean that mapping with no transformation in BIC MD?

2.when only one Mapping_user.sda exists at all the times,how the the previous mappings get effected in the communicationchannels or Modules ?

3.and when I have BIC MD mapping do I need Xi mapping too?or Xi mapping not needed?

thank you,

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

yes you need to create your 1:1 Mappings (EDI2XML or XML2EDI) in BIC MD.

Seeburger is delivering generator mappings that generate those mappings automatically from your message structure. When your project with user defined mappings is ready you can create a new sda file with BIC MD that has be deployed on your XI system.

Regards

Naycho

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

1. Seeburger EDI adapter is the name for BIC conversion module running in CC module chain. It includes BIC Mapping designer and Library with predefined mappings. Seeburger EDI adapter can be configured with any XI communication adapter (from SAP or Seeburger) that runs in adapter Framework.

2. Seeburger provides also communication adapters like AS2, FTP/VAN, X400/p7, OFTP, SFTP, HTTPS etc.

So to use EDI conversion you need to follow installation steps described in SAPXI_SeeMasterInstallationGuide_en.pdf and SAPXI_BICAdapter_Setup_en.pdf (you can find those files on installation CD).

Sample CC module configuration you can find in SAPXI_BICAdapter_en.pdf.

Regards

Naycho

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naycho,

thank you for your info.

and how I do the mapping for my scenario?do I need to use BIC MD and create .sda files and deploy on J2ee engine using SDM or develop the map in Integration builder of XI?

if it is with BIC MD then how can we create multiple .SDAs?and do I need to use mapping developed with BIC MD use with only BIC adapter or can I use with any adapter?

thank you.

Babu

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With the latest release of EDI adapter, Yes

See this

http://www.kel.co.jp/english/scm/pdf/SEEBURGER_Adds_Global_VAN_Service_to_XI070301.pdf

Regarding ur other questions

<i>so what would be the steps involved in it?</i>

If u r using the Seebuger adapter, then just a normal configuration on XI scenario

<i>what are the adapters I need to use?</i>

Seeburger, Aedaptive

Or u may write ur own adapter modules. But this would e a bit time consuming.

<i>how do I send my EDI messages to the partner,if we have VAN?</i>

Seeburger, Aedaptive adapters

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you Prateek.

so what would be the steps involved in it?

If u r using the Seebuger adapter, then just a normal configuration on XI scenario

>>how can I develop mappings,just using Graphical in XI or do I need to use BIC Mapping Designer?

what are the adapters I need to use?

Seeburger, Aedaptive

Or u may write ur own adapter modules. But this would e a bit time consuming.

>>I mean what particular adapter in Seeburger,can I use FTP or X400/P7?

how do I send my EDI messages to the partner,if we have VAN?

Seeburger, Aedaptive adapters

>>so you mean using Seeburger FTP or X400/P7 you want me to connect to VAn directly?

Thank you.

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar,

think without Seeburger,Stylus Studio is might be the option but once we have Seeburger ,I think we don't need Stylus Studio.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

lets say we dont have meta data information for transaction set for example 850 to convert them into xsd to do the mapping in XI GMT.so how can we get them?can we request seeburger for them?do they provide BIC mapping too for them?

thank you,

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seeburger AS2 is there for AS2 partner. U can use it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

I didn't get what you mean for Seeburger AS2 is there for AS2 partner?

thank you.