cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent: Web Service from Function Module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys, I am new to this area so please help to achieve following:

I want to show a demo to load data from a web service to BI. I have performed the following steps and don’t know how to process further. Please help me in the sense where do I put the logic to show fields on the web service and ….

1. I have created a web service data source in BI with four fields (Cal dat, material, amount and currency)

2. This created a Web Service /RFC FM automatically.

3. From this FM I created a web service (Utilities – create web service – from function module)

4. I followed the web service creation wizard.

Thanks,

sam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sbhutani1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sam,

If you have created a webservice from function module, then you have to release this webservice. for this first of all you have to check in transaction WSADMIN for this newly created webservice and if it is there then you have to release this webservice in WSCONFIG to make it avilable in UDDI.

Pls let me know if any other information needed

Regards

Sumit Bhutani

Former Member
0 Kudos

releasing and related steps are fine,

what i want to know is, BW/BI datasource will create a FM, from this FM inturn I will create a webservice.

Lets say BW/BI datasource has 4 fields account, company, amount & currency.

I want to enter these 4 values from the webservice which will bring these values to BW delta queue and eventually get loaded in BW.

For this process do I need to code anything in the FM or any other part of the system

sbhutani1
Contributor
0 Kudos

well once you will expose webservice from BI/BW function module then all you need to do is pass the data to the exposed webservice and it will internally call the function module and will pass the data to be processed in the backend BI/BW system. so you need not worry about any extra coding to handle the data. the function module will handle it automatically.

Regards

Sumit Bhutani

Answers (0)