Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization Tab Page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have little confusion, in terms of Auth obj, Activity, filed, company code in auth tab. actually I have almost 90% concept clear but little bit more to clear 100%.

I assign transaction code FP03 to a role, it pulls 4 Auth objects in Auth Tab page and they are unmaintained because $BUKRS assign to company code which was a filed value in Bukrs field. I have two questions.

1: I was trying to maintain FI (class) which was a class above those Auth Obj’s but it was saying variables missing then I change company code which has a value $BUKRS, I changed it to * but I cannot go back to deselected that activity once I maintain activity field.

Is there any way to unmaintain activity or can I unmaintain fields once I maintained it?

Is there any way to unmaintain Atuh object once I maintained it I know I can deselected it?

What is “where-used list” mean?

Can anybody please explain it to me the whole Auth tab step by step?

What is variable missing means?

I know lot this but want to make sure I have a clear concept

Thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sap security,

To answer some of your questions:

If you have assigned all auth '*' to a field you need to select "cancel full authorization" by double clicking on the field making the selection.

Also, if a field has $ in front it's an organization field and should be maintained by clicking on the organizational levels button once inside the auth tab.

The were used button shows what transactions are using that particular object in which you clicked where used.

Download and read the "authorizations made easy" pdf book and or search the net for an overall description of the icons and functionality of the auth tab.

Cheers,

Ben