cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to migrate local Web DynPro projects into the DTR?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to migrate local WebDynpro projects into the DTR.

The problem is that on each project I encounter classpath conflicts when I try to download the project to another client. Can someone please show me a step-by-step explanation of how to do this procedure?

Roy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roy

Try the follwoing steps

-> Create a new empty webdynpro DC in the inactive workspace

-> Create a project from the DC

-> Copy the following folders and files from your local webdynpro project into the new project folder

.dcdef

cfg

def

src

test

-> Go to the Java navigator view for Java , and do a refresh

-> This will prompt to you for an Activity , create an Activity

-> The new files will then associated under this Activity

-> Check in the Activity

Regards

Pran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Pran,

What do you mean by "inactive workspace"

Roy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roy

In more simplistic terms "the workspace" where you create your DCs that you work with.

Regards

Pran

Former Member
0 Kudos

10X Pran, I will examine this suggestion and let you know the results.

Roy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

guru_subramanianb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roy,

If you still lokk for answers try this link which will definitely help you.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/9e/1c200ac164cf4a942f2dacdf3359e9/frameset.htm

Please close this thread if you are satisfied.

Regards,

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Guru,

I should have mentioned at the begining: I am already familiar with this link but the problem is that this tutorial explains how to migrate local DynPro projects into the DTR using the Component Model, I would like to do the migrate and stay at the "local world"...

But 10X anyway...

Roy

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Create a DTR client

2. Create a workspace folder structure

3. Create a workspace in this structure

4. Create an activity for the workspace (rightclick it)

5. Show the workspace in Windows Explorer (rightclick it, select Show In -> Explorer (external)

6. If the Show In options are disabled, you need to Sync the workspace first

7. Copy all files and folders to the workspace using Windows Explorer

8. Refresh the Repository Browser

9. Rightclick all folders and select Add -> Subtree and select the activity you created earlier on

10. Check in the activity

For more information on creating workspaces see here: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/aa/b6b314e7c74fb3a3fff3824d66d24f/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Pascal,

I tried your procedure but when I go to another client and create a project based on the DynPro project I've migrated to the DTR it doesn't compile due to classpath problems.

Roy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roy

From what you are trying to achieve I assume that you want to use the DTR to store your local project but need not adhere to the component model . In which case try the following steps assuming you have created the WORKSPACE and the WORKSPACE FOLDER.

-> Go the Java Navigator view

-> Right click your project

-> There will be an option there which says DTR - Share Project

-> This will open the a WORKSPACE navigator , create folder under the WORKSPACE folder (using New folder option)

-> Check option Add Resources to Repository

-> This will prompt for an Activity - create the Activity

-> Select the folders and files you want to add

-> Check in the Activity

Regards

Pran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Pran,

I think you are keep missing the point.

The problem is not migrating the projects but a specific problem with the .classpath file. When I try to get the project from the DTR on another computer with the same NWDS version it doesn't recognize entries at the classpath even though these entries are relative to the NWDS installation. Try it yourself with a certain project...

Roy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmmm

AFAIK the .classpath is a local file and is generated, and this file is usually not checked into the DTR

Regards

Pran

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. If what u say is true that each user needs to build his classpath if he wants to work on a certain project?

2. What about .project file?

Roy

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, the .classpath file is automatically generated by eclipse. You shouldn't need to modify it if you're performing team developments, so the autogenerated one should work fine.

I'm not sure about the .project file. When using CVS you need to check it in, but for the DTR I'm not sure, since it's all so tightly integrated. It could well we that some metadata will be stored in the DTR, that will allow NWDS to recreate the project itself. So, actually the question is which files do get imported when you use the DTR -> Share Project option (very good suggestion Pran). I think this is the way to go. What you're actually doing is a Scenario 1 setup, so it might be a good idea to go over the Scenario 1 docs once more.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Pascal,

Here is a quote from scanario1:

Scenario 1: Remove the selection from the checkboxes of the following file types:

.project

.classpath

They must be stored in this scenario.

So how can you explain this...?

Roy

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are correct...

I just checked the .classpath file for a local Web Dynpro project I created and that only contains relative paths. Relative paths should always work, so if your .classpath file is giving problems on other workstations this means that you probably have some absolute paths in there. Try to make these relative and your problems should be fixed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yep it is working now. Thanx for the help, points are on their way. Another question, out of this post context: Is there a way to delete a project at once? It is very irritating to delete each file and sub-folder before I can delete a project from worspace....

Roy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rightclick a folder in the DTR and select Delete -> Subtree. If the option is disabled, you need to first Sync the folder.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roy,

Me to have ssame doubt!

In scenario-1 it is mentioned that
Choose Window ® Preferences ® Team ® Ignored Resources
A list of file types appears. By default, all types are selected, which means that they are not automatically added to activities and stored in the DTR.
Uncheck the following file types:
a. .project
b. .classpath
When creating projects, the unchecked file types are added to activities to be stored in the DTR.

Pran says its local file not checked in to the DTR,
Actually if you use the DTR -> Share Project option (As Pascal mentions)all .project ,.classpath,.class,.java are visible in Repository Browser.

what i did is i checked in only .java file in to DTR through an activity.

what actually the bold text means???

Regards,

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

That I know, but it doesn't allow to delete a sub-tree on a project root as long as it contains folders/files in it...

Former Member
0 Kudos

It means you need to upload the .classpath and .project files to the DTR as well. You do this by unchecking it from the ignored list at the "Team" prefrences.

Roy

Former Member
0 Kudos

My mistake, I tried to delete a project under the workspace directly and it is not allowed....

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can't dlete Project directly from Workspace,

First delete all files and folders within the workspace then delete workspace from dtr shell delete folders using IE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roy

I see the same restriction , somehow it does not allow deleting folders which are placed directly under the WORKSPACE folder. Although I havent tested this with the DTR command line client

Regards

Pran