cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spread new SAPGUI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I am interested to know if someone made remote installation of SAPGUI with SMS or SMS2003 ?

I'd like to spread SAPGUI 6.20 to 1000 pcs. Is it safe to use SMS ? (not with logon script)

Is there is a better way ?

Please Advice,

Dimitry Haritonov

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Dear Dimitry,

I

there is a SAP tool to do this, it's to install a "SAPGUI installation server". Please download SAP Front End Installation Guide for 6.20 (http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000614784&). You will find a chapter talking about this server and how to use it with SMS.

Regards,

Al Mahdi BENABDESSELAM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitry,

We discussed this back in August:

SMS works great if you already have it. The SAP Installation Service requires an extra client on your desktops. Installing the client is almost as much work as installing the GUI.

Do you have specific questions about how to use SMS?

Cheers,

John

PS - Does the link to the thread work?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have the similar requirement:

We want to setup instation server based SAPGUI for about 15000 desktop users. Kindly let me know if you have setup for this large number of users. How do we simulate the setup? what are the requirements and need to take care!

Version: SAPGUI 6.40 with available latest patches.

Thanks and regards

Selvaraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

To:John Reynders

Thanks for the help. the link didn't work.

to selvaraj nagamuthu:

-We have chosen not to use "SAPGUI installation server".

-We have 2000 desktop users.

-We spread the installation to users localy with SMS because we have network problems.

-Version sapgui640 b14.

if you are interested for further details, please contact me on sallaboy@gmail.com

Best Regards,

Dimitry Haritonov

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitry,

I have similar problem. I would like install SAPGUI Front End 6.40 to users (circa 250 PC) for all sites in our organisation. I would like use SMS2003. I created admin installation on PC. I started SAPAdmin and I created packege with selected components and package defination file for SMS. I thinked that I can create separate package and this use for SMS distribution, but I don't know how create separate package outside SAPAdmin, because I don't want use "SAP Installation Server". What did you solve this problem?

Thank for help!

Best Regards

Jan