cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP Planning Area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have a Demand Planning solution implemented in our company. It has its own Planning Area ZDP_PAREA

Now we want to start with SNP implementation. I don't know if I have to create new planning area for SNP or I can use the Planning Area used for DP.

I know DP uses TimeSeries LiveCache and SNP Order LiveCache.

Kindly advice.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanju,

It is completely necessary that you create a planning area for SNP, in fact, planning areas for DP use different POS than planning areas for SNP, so it is not possible to work with the same planning area to both modules.

I hope this can hel you.

Regards.

Marín.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ulises,

Thanks for the qucik reply.

Can I use the standard SAP SNP Planning Area, POS and Planning book? Or should take the copy of the above?

Another question, I had was like in DP we create our own KFs and Planning Area, Book - do we do the same in SNP or just stick with SAP given objects?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sanju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanju,

If you can use standard SAP, use it. It is better to do that, but if you use standard SAP, you must not change it, because is your comparison point.

SNP planning books have lots of macros which are very important for planning purposes, so, if you want to create your own planning books, you have to assure that you are using all the relevant macros for your planning.

I hope this can help you.

Regards.

Marín.

Former Member
0 Kudos

my take on ur qn is

u can better take a copy of the std planning area of snp given by SAP because u cannot change the settings.

also if you want to add any key figures ur ready to do that provided you dont disturb the already existing macros, because ur biz requirements need not be changed for SAP purpose instead you can add your own key figures but need to be cautious because change of macros can be danger at times.

kiran

Answers (0)