Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debug problems

fabio_bellocchio
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SDN,

please, can anybody help me on this issue: when debugging, many times the breakpoint doesn't work. I start the application, running in Debug mode, Developer Studio is called by the application, it seems that is going to work fine, but the line of the breakpoint doesn't get selected, and nothing happens.

I've tried reload+rebuild, close and open the Developer Studio and even restarting the server.

obs.: There is a thread that appears suspended in the threads list of the debug perspective.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does your application require any input or event to be fired before reaching that breakpoint?

Murtuza

fabio_bellocchio
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Murtuza,

yes. My breakpoint is only reached after I click on a button, with an action called "Save".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabio,

Is your problem solved now. Are you able to reach to the breakpoint and check the value that you were looking for?

Regards,

Murtuza

fabio_bellocchio
Participant
0 Kudos

Murtuza,

I can't reach the breakpoint. It doesn't stop in the breakpoint.

Do you have any idea about what may be happening?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabio,

Can you tell me in which method or event are you placing your breakpoint and on what line.

Just paste the line and the method name where you are putting your breakpoint.

Regards,

Murtuza

fabio_bellocchio
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Murtuza,

// Method

public void Alterar(com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.api.IWDCustomEvent wdEvent )

{

(...)

// Breakpoint

input.setV_Cent_Suprimentos(wdContext.currentContextElement().getRadioCompraCent());

===============================

Thank you!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabio,

You should reach to this line once that action is fired.

It seems that you are trying to see the value of RadioCompraCent.

For the time being you can display its value using messagemanager.

wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager().reportSuccess(wdContext.currentContextElement().getRadioCompraCent());

Remove that breakpoint for the time being and you can see that value on your screen itself when you will fire that event.

Also in your debug perspective check that you might have not set some other breakpoint in your breakpoints window.

Regards,

Murtuza

Message was edited by:

Murtuza Kharodawala

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

fabio_bellocchio
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Murtuza.