cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to configure thousands and decimal separator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem related to decimal characters and thousands separators.

<b>Situation :</b>

I use EP 7, SP11

Suppose I have a variable called <i>Invoiced_value</i>, with numeric value 67892,2811

I want it displayed like this :

67.892,28 (with . for thousands separator and , for decimal seperator)

Therefore I use this function nstr (see <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/40/a228173435437394f54c56de571ca4/frameset.htm">help.sap.com</a> for related documentation)

<i>NSTR(@Invoiced_value,"C.2")</i>

<b>problem : </b>

This function does exactly the opposite of what I want, it displays the numeric value as :

<b>my question</b>

Is there any way to configure the decimal characters on any (Visual Composer, Portal, ...) place/way ? I'm not able to find a way how to do it...

Reward points will be given.

BR,

Wouter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The thousands separator change in the backend dind't work. (+ it only works for text input fields, not for text fields)

Anyhow, this is how we created a workaround :

Suppose we did this : <b>NSTR(@CREDITLIMIT,"C.2")</b>

This resulted in the field being displayed as <i>67,234.56</i>

The 'dirty' way to convert this to an european format is :

<b>REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(NSTR(@CREDITLIMIT,"C.2"),",",";"),".",","),";",".")</b>

Output is <i>67.234,56</i>

(we just replaced the '.' by ',' and vice versa)

I still feel quite uncomfortable with this solution, but this is the only way we got it to work.

I really hope a next patch/servivepack provided a more elegant solution for this problem... (hint hint)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the localization settings of the users you use to connect from the VC/Portal to the Backend. You need to verify that they are set properly (and that you use the right users).

Here is a link of what settings are pulled from which user in what order:

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/VC/Wrong+Language

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is one way but its bit crude. If you dont use any function ( say NSTR), by default the system would take the decimal notation convention set for the user in the backend. So if u have in the backend . for thousands separator and , for decimal seperator, it should reflect on the portal and visual composer as well.

Regards

Nidhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. Do you know where it's configurable in the portal ? (I hope you meant that by 'backend'...)

I think this is something 'missing' in VC...

Best regards,

Wouter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wouter,

With backend I meant the ECC or BW system which you are using for getting your data. In the User Profile at the backend( ECC/BW), you can set the default decimal notation. As for Visual Composer, need to check out and will let you know.

Cheers

Nidhi