cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xMII Logout and Login

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing an issue in of the scenario. During my testing I logged out ( User :- USER1 ) of xMII using the hyperlink in xMII home page "Logout" and it take me to login page. Using the same page I am logging as different user (User :-USER2). Display applet methods are returning the same values of USER1.

After searching the xMII documentation I found this issue is well documented in help.sap.com.

My question is - Is there any solution other than closing the browser and relogin in new browser session.

Thanks,

Srinivas.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Srinivas,

Don't use: document.APPLETNAME.getUserName();

Use this instead: document.APPLETNAME.getPropertyValue("IllumLoginName");

This URL will also confirm who the browser really is after you've logged in as USER1, then logout (Relogin.jsp) and login as USER2 and reconfirm.

<a href="http://server:port/Lighthammer/PropertyAccessServlet?Mode=List">http://server:port/Lighthammer/PropertyAccessServlet?Mode=List</a>

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeremy,

Is this getUserName() is the only method that behaves like this or anymore.

Thanks,

Srinivas.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The applets actually login too, but only once and you can see this in the Sun Java console with a message like: Authenticator::Authenticated user is XXXXXX

You will notice that in your scenario this will say USER1, but after logging back in as USER2 there will be no second message.

To my knowledge the .getUserName() method is the only one that will be impacted by the 'Relogin' process. Of course closing the browser ensures that everything session related is gone, but what you are seeing is really just applet related since they only login once and is slightly different than the login process that creates the user session on the xMII server side.

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeremy,

Thank you verymuch. This gives good confidence.

Srinivas.