cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Way to promise that the files transferred Absolute or alert if not

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have scenario file to file from our server to external FTP server.

The scenario work without repository.

My problem is that: I send the file, the file received in the external server,

The external company open the file Successfully (is TXT file, 1 or 2 kb) without any problem.

But sometimes the file is not full, in the source the file contains 500 characters and in the destination the file contains 450 characters.

Have a way to promise that the files transferred Absolute or alert if not?

Regards

Elad Peleg

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Elad,

Try to use the <b>Use Temporary File</b> option in the Receive File adapter. This will do the trick.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bhavesh,

I already use with Temporary File option and is not solved the problem.

Regards

Elad

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Elad,

This is strange.

Normally Use Temporary File option makes sure that the receiving application does not read the file ( as the file name is dfifferent ) till the entire file is written and then it is moved to the actual file name.

Are you sure this is an XI issue. Maybe the program that reads the file from the FTP folder is causing this?

Just my 2 cents.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

I'm not sure that is XI issue but I'm looking for way to promise this is not XI issue.

Regards

Elad

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As long as there are no multiple nodes running on your J2EE engine I can assure you that this is not a XI issue if you are using use Temp File Option.

Have seen some issues with multiple nodes and use temp file and so we had to revert the multiple nodes strategy, but if a single node as far as I know, use temp file does the trick.

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (0)