cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using function Describe Requirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys.

I want to activate this function, actually I thought it was standard.

Which steps do I need to take to be able to use the function Describe Requirement? My shopping is working perfectly using a catalog, but we need to have this function working also.

Thanks for info.

Regards

DM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis,

I assume, you receive errors or are not able to post a req into ECC?

It is standard, which works right away. It seems you are missing some settings,

that SRM creates a backend req, when the source of supply is missing (in

comparison to a catalog item, where you have a fixed source of supply).

Check you settings for the doc type, number ranges and the follow docs to be

created from a shopping cart.

Cheers,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the tips so far.

However, none really worked, and let tell you why.

We use SRM 4.0 on 5.0 server. The Describe Requirement link seems to work to begin with; I can easily type in the information I need, but when pressing the button Transfer to Shopping Cart, I receive the following errors:

Enter the company code

No account assignment exist. Enter an account assignment

Enter the product category

Enter a product or description

Enter a unit of measure

Plant for follow on document is missing

No organizational data exists on item level

Error calling META BAPI META_CALCULATE_TAX

Not possible to calculate tax

Error occured during calling META_BAPI_DISPATCH

All errors are easy to solve when in a normal shopping cart situation, but when pressing OK here, the screen switches back to initial screen of shopping.

My user usually has all attributes, so things like organizational data, taxes etc are already maintained, but it seems I have not made all necessary customizing/configuration for this describe requirement function - I just don't see what I am missing, since you tell me this should be a standard function?

And we do not use the BAdI BBP_SC_MODIFY_UI at this point.

Thanks for helping.

Regards

DM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

Any clever ideas here?

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well so many configuration error...

You can start to check the following configuration steps :

1- Define backend for prpoduct category

2- plant (location) assigned to the user

3- try first to deactivate any VAT calculation and make the system work. Lateron, you can reactivate the VAt settings.

Kind regards,

Yann

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I forgo : please check you user through users_gen and confirm that the user is well integrated (all lights green)

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Yeah I agree - it seems there are many configuration errors.

BUT the funny thing is, that my shopping is working fine and has worked for several years now, meaning that all types of tax calculations are OK, all organizational details regarding the user(s) are OK, and of course also the backend configurations are OK.

We have never before used this Describe Requirement function, and it seems to be standard - therefore I was wondering if there are any specific configuration steps that need to be taken before this can work?

Plus, from where does the Describe Requirement function get its organizational data? I would assume from the same place as when you shop through a catalogue, so again - all data are OK in the PPOMA.

Thanks.

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no difference between catalogue and non catalogue purchase configuration point.

What badi or specific developement did you do ?

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yann.

I myself did not set this SRM system up to begin with, so I am note quite sure which BAdI's were installed from that time.

If you wanted to block this function, which BAdI would be used? Perhaps I then can check this to see, if something has blocked the functionality from there.

BAdIs in my system as of now:

BBP_CAT_CALL_ENRICH

BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFE

BBP_CHANGE_DEFAULT

BBP_CHNG_AGNT_GET

BBP_CREATE_PO_BACK

BBP_CREATE_REQ_BACK

BBP_CUF_BADI_2

BBP_DET_TAXCODE

BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI

BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI

BBP_ECS_PO_OUT_BADI

BBP_EXTLOCALPO_BADI

BBP_F4_READ_ON_EXIT

BBP_PO_CHECK_BADI

BBP_TAX_MAP_BADI

BBP_WF_LIST

BBP_WFL_APPROV_BADI

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would say :

BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI

and maybe BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again.

No, none of the selected BAdIs seem to include some kind of block for this function.

What usually happens when someone has described a requirement and pressed Add to Shopping cart - this would then start to create a shopping cart, and the user then have to enter a vendor, right? Or will this shopping cart without vendor go into the sourcing cockpit?

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

By default the vendor entered in describe requireùent is a preferred vendor (and not a fixed one as for the catalog purchase).

Thus an incomplete PO is created for standalone and ECS scenario.

For classic scenario, a PR is created.

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys.

Just wanted to let you know, that all of the errors seemed to be caused of a missing product category in the PPOMA. Silly me. I just added a wildcard * and the backend system in the PPOMA under product categories, and now everything is working the way it should. In my case the Describe Requirement cannot be filled without a vendor and/or price, meaning that the shopping cart will be converted to a purchase order - everything is OK for me.

Thanks for all the info, I will award points for the usefull tips here.

BR

Dennis M

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis,

Mention your SRM version when ever you post your question.

'Describe Requirement' is a standard funciton.

Check Badi 'BBP_SC_MODIFY_UI'. Using this badi you can control the display of the 'Describen Requirement' link.

Reward points for userful answer.

Regards,

Bhargava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its a standard future check your roles authorisation seems to be mismatch

Pritesh