cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro point to two different backend system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

We just migrated our QA and DEV from two different physical boxes into one new box. There are two different instance created such as 00 (QA) and 20 (DEV). But we do testing on the Web Dynpro program in DEV portal, it always rfc to the QA backend which is instance 00.

In DEV portal SLD, i already created new abap technical system as below :

System Name : NPD

System Host : batnxcd1

Clients : 110

Message Server : NPD_batnxcd1

Central Application Server : batnxcd1_NPD_20

So, beside sld, is there any other place need to be configured to point to correct instance?

Best Regards,

Swee Tiong

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swee,

I guess if the destination names are same on both the systems and are configured properly then there is no need for any other changes.

Ashu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

The destination are same for both system, but there is no configuration to differentiate the system number in JCo Destination configuration.

So, is there any configuration i need to change in Portal or Backend like SAP Gateway?

Swee Tiong

former_member185029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This parameter you must have already set while creating those model data and metadata destinations, right?

If these modeldata and metadata destinations are configured and tested successfuly then no need for any other parameters to be set.

Ashu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashu,

I have two different system number 00 (QA) and 20 (DEV) in the same backend box which are migrated from two different boxes with the system number 00.

We don't change anything on the existing Web Dynpro program, but we re-created the tecnical landscape (Message Server) in DEV portal sld to point to system number 20. Then we also change the meta data and model data destination in Web Dynpro Content Admin to use this newly created Message Server, and hope that it will point to DEV backend (system number 20).

After testing, we found that it keep pointing to QA (system number 00). So, do we need to re-create the web dynpro model or is there any configuration need to set to force the existing web dynpro program to point to the new system number 20?

Thanks.

Swee Tiong

former_member185029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Adaptive RFC model itself doesnt have pointer to any system name.

I would sugest you to restart the QA server and check if the data is still comming from Dev system.

Please let me know the proceeding.

Ashu