Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personalised View.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I was asked to create an application with the following requirements

1) Login Information ( For Checking Authorization )

2) User Specific View & Manager Specific View

So how can i create a personalised view....

I mean 2 say that the view should be seperate for User & Manager

( How can i pose this restriction ).

if u people have any document.....Please mail me @

vivekanandadandu@gmail.com

Please help me in this regard....

Points will be awarded to the Useful answers....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Guyz....

former_member196517
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Kiran,

best practice would be not to change code and create a application configuration for created webdynpro application..

right click on webdynpro application> create/change configuration>

have two configurations and then control the visibility of UI according to your business needs..

Regards

Anuj

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI KUMAR,

You can also use WD Configuration for this purpose, if you want different fields for ex in the selection screen for Managers and Users. Create a View. GO to the Component Configuration and create 2 different Configurations. In one for User , for ex: Hide the fields you dont want the users to see.

Create 2 different Applications, One for Manager and One for User. Assign the corresponding Component Configuration to these Applications.

Create a dfferent WD Component for checking whose logged in. If its a User, call the WD Application created above for the User. It will load the User Configuration for the View, which shows some fields hidden...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

1) For Login Page you have to do the following :

In SICF, go to your application Service. Click on Error Pages and go to Logon Errors and click on 'System Logon' radio button. Clcik on Configuration Tab.

There Click 'Define Service Specific Settings'. In 'Logon layput and Procedure' click on User Specific and enter a class name for ex, ZCL_ICF_BASIC_LOGIN...

Now this class, should inherit from CL_ICF_BASIC_LOGIN and you need to overwrite the RENDER method in this class with the kind of Logon Form you want....

2) For your second query, there are 2 ways to personalize

a) For selection screen personalization, create a Custom Controller and make it as a COnfiguration Controller by right clicking on it. The Input Fields of your selection screen should be bound to the attributes of the ConfiguratioN Controller Context...

Create a button 'Personalize' on selection screen. When users click this button, they can save their personalized inputs. For ex: A manager can save his region as WEST. A User can save his region as EAST etc....

You can use the IF_WD_PERSONALIZATION interface to saved personalized information. In the Action handler of the 'Personalize ' Button :

data ref_comp_ctr type ref to if_wd_controller

data ref_comp type ref to if_wd_component.

data ref_per_man type ref to if_wd_personalization

ref_comp_ctr ? = wd_this->wd_get_api( ).

ref_comp = ref_comp_ctr->get_component( ).

ref_per_man = ref_comp->GET_PERSONALIZATION_MANAGER( ).

ref_per_man->SAVE( ).

It saves the whole Config Controller Context. Next time you bring up this application, the saved values for users will be loaded.

2) For personalizing the Results scren ex: Table USE ALV. It has inbuilt Personalization out of the box and is very useful.

There is a Admin Mode, you can login the Admin Mode and create and save Cross (Global Views). So in one view you create for Manager, you can save the Columns, Filters etc for the table that u want manager to see....and save it for the Managers User Group. Similarly do the same for the Second User Group.

The Admin Mode is very useful for personalization.

Thanks

Anand