cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic generation of Image Variants

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

I have a repository where I use different Image Variants. My problem is that when I upload an Image I have to manually go into the Image manager to generate the variants. I would like to have an automatic way of doing this. CLIX can not be used.

Does anyone have an idea how to do this?

Best regards

John-Kjell

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can automatically generate the image variants.For this you import the images in data manager.In Data manager select the Images table right click in record pane and add a data group.If data group is already present then add the image to that data group or else add a data group (as a child) and then add tha image file to it.Select the option Store in Repository.Then click OK to import the image .After the image is imported in data manager the image variants are automatically filled.

In your console you have a field say images of data type Lookup image.

Then in your source create a field named images where you add reference to the images say href1,href2 etc.

In Import manager select products table then map the corresponding fields.For image field you need to do the value mapping.Then Match the records and import it.

Regards

Nisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

I don't think there is currently a way to do this. Unless of course someone has written some type of custom code. Even storing the images in the repository as Nisha stated does <u>not</u> create the variants automatically. It will only automatically generate the thumbnails. As far as I know the only way to generate user defined variants is to manually set off the job in the Image Manager.

Regards,

Tim