cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A BUG with login

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I receive email with reply to the thread which I watch, I'm trying to go by the link in the mail directly to the thread. If I need to answer, I can't do it. Because of the annoying bug: SAP Community Network (the left upper side of the screen) says: "Welcome Eugene", the Forum says: "Welcome Guest". So, I cannot post my answer. Because, I'm both, EUgene and Guest!.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1224/1274664421_fcb195028c.jpg?v=0

If I want to get into forms again, despite of the fact that I was recognised, the system requires my credentials:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1182/1275621648_8633e61ba4_m.jpg

In order do anything, not only to post the answer I have to

1. Log off

2. Enter My user name and password

3. Navigate manually to the thread I'm interested in

And only after that I may answer.

Do you think it's convinient, ha?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

KKilhavn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think you need to manually go to the thread you are interested in - i.e. that is not necessary for me at least. I sometimes need to log off and log in again as you describe, but the link from the e-mail will then work. I'm using FireFox (version 2.0.0.6 here on the work PC).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yep,

I think it may be a workaround for alleviating inconvinience.

But, when the system recognise you as YOU and a GUEST, it's certainly a bug. IMHO, it must be corrected.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Confirming this....

Its not a firefox only issue....

I use internet explorer and happens many a times with me.....though very rarely considering the amount of mails i get from this forum daily....!!!

But what i do is click on the Forums link on the top left which takes me to the main index listing all forums, and then, i navigate back to that post....!!

LOL :<

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yep,

I did it too.

I think that it doesn't work today because of indexes corrupted today (See the other thread of mine)

David
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I don't want to guess all the circumstances here, but it may be that the problem relates to individual session cookies, and multiple browser sessions at the same time. The site uses session cookies to validate between various components. If you have a session open at the time, and then do as you describe, it is possible that the framework recognizes you, but the forum application does not in the new window that is spawned as the cookie either isn't passed, or an expired one is. The workaround suggested before is probably the best way to handle this currently.

David