cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem in SEEBURGE BIC mapping adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

I am using SEEBURGER MAPPING adapter for file to idoc scenario .I have to convert an input flat file into xml using BIC mapping adapter.The problem is that when i am giving input file to convert into xml ,the conversion is failing with a error that a special character(?) occurs in the begining of file.when we r opening the file then we r not able to see any special character.The file is in UTF16 Little endian encoding. we r unable to find that how the spechial character is coming in the input files and how to debugg it.Plz guide me how to proceed.Is there any function in SEEBURGER to remove special character from the source file?

Regards

Neha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Seeburger is providing Modules (Configurable in CC module chain) described in SAPXI_SeeXIModules_en.pdf with additional functionality like Replace String,Start Local Up, Charset Conversion, zip and dynamic Configuration.

So if you have those modules installed you can use Replace String functionality to replace this string.

Regards

Naycho

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naycho

Thanks for ur reply.The function SetIgnoreCharactersAt("ŸÞ",0);can ignore any character occuring in the begining but for my case the character is BOM(Byte order Mark)[FF FE].Which is used as signature for UTF-16LE files that is not physcially visible.Plz suggest me how to remove these BOM either in Seeburge or using file adapter.

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

yes Seeburger BIC MD has such a function. It's called

SetIgnoreCharactersAt (try exp.SetIgnoreCharactersAt("?",1);)

Check help of the BIC MD for more information.

To see this chareccter you can try to use diferent editor.

Regards

Naycho