cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will JCO work in Unix Environment and in Webshere 3.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to know whether SAPJCO.jar will work fine in unix environment and also whether is it compactible with websphere version 3.4.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

guru_subramanianb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nikki,

JCO is jar framework inside JCA(Java connector architecture).JCA is designed to operate in any OS and any Appl server.

Since your requirement is Unix and Websphere it shd work 100% since we are loading only the .class files in the OS & we all know Java class files are OS independent and readily runnable in all Appl server incl Websphere from IBM.

Refer this link as it has useful configurations details:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/f7/0c2441509fa831e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Rdgs,

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikki,

The answer for your question is <b>YES</b>. Unix supports java and Websphere. I think you are aware of of running complex J2EE applications on websphere. If you are able to run java based applications on your server and do not worry you can run sapjco.jar without any problem. Recently we had an integration project [ SAP R/3 and Lotus Domino Server]. It worked out perfectly.

Read this will let you know more,

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/zones/portal/catalog/doc/appportletbuilder/Applicati...

Hope this will solve your problem.

Thanks

Kathirvel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikki,

Even i am looking for the same details. Could you please let me know whether SAP jCo works with Websphere 3.5 in UNIX environment. I hope you have the answer for this now. We have a crisis on this.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it will work on Unix. Not sure about the compatibility with Websphere but I doubt if will be any problem.

Cheers,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the requirements by visiting service.sap.com.

The question is really which version you need to install and that will vastly depend on the version of Java you are running for WAS 3.4

Enjoy